EL Grande El Surpriso?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

Peso Dollar finished an A-B-C rally at 81.34 from the 74.17 low? Senor has no answer but it is a muy interesting question. PURE BS Senor

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

fiat is fiat is fiat. all w/different names and colors. all debt laden. and false promises history is replete w/these situations, and they all end in the same fashion. dharma

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

fiat is fiat is fiat. all w/different names and colors. all debt laden. and false promises
history is replete w/these situations, and they all end in the same fashion.
dharma

LOL Fiat - "F" word.

Senor

#4 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

Peso Dollar finished an A-B-C rally at 81.34 from the 74.17 low? Senor has no answer but it is a muy interesting question.

PURE BS

Senor

Senor, I've got to say we may also be finishing an ABC correction on the dollar from the top, in which case we launch on 3 of 3 after the FED announcement........ or not and we dive back to new lows........

It looks textbook to be and this is a black art!

http://quotes.ino.co...s=NYBOT_DX&v=d3

GS.

Edited by goldswinger, 16 March 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

fiat is fiat is fiat. all w/different names and colors. all debt laden. and false promises
history is replete w/these situations, and they all end in the same fashion.
dharma

LOL Fiat - "F" word.

Senor

yes, it will be, they will all be coming this way. its the nature of bull markets. they all end in a parabolic blowoff. they are paying me zip for my money. i can hang in miners/metal and wait for the heard to arrive. there will be a stampede! the fed stands pat, what a surprise-not. 20 years, i doubt it. i have no idea when, but i will know when we are there. i can wait and i will be paid. dharma

#6 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

yes, it will be, they will all be coming this way. its the nature of bull markets. they all end in a parabolic blowoff. they are paying me zip for my money. i can hang in miners/metal and wait for the heard to arrive. there will be a stampede! the fed stands pat, what a surprise-not. 20 years, i doubt it. i have no idea when, but i will know when we are there. i can wait and i will be paid. dharma

The Bug of all Bugs eh Dharma? Could take years & years & years for Fiat currencies to truly become the F word (See Schiff family history)... What I don't understand is why in general Bugs spend so much time talking up Gold... If gold goes to $2500 this year I think even the most buggy of bugs would be surprised (hyperbole?.... a little bit?)... Are there no other investments that will make 100% this year... That time is better spent looking for other investments than naming reasons gold is going up and up and up (IMO)... Your biggest foe, the US Gov't, is afterall quite the foe....

Respectfully,

souelle

Edited by souelle6, 16 March 2010 - 03:48 PM.

"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L

#7 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

The Bug of all Bugs eh Dharma? Could take years & years & years for Fiat currencies to truly become the F word (See Schiff family history)... What I don't understand is why in general Bugs spend so much time talking up Gold... If gold goes to $2500 this year I think even the most buggy of bugs would be surprised (hyperbole?.... a little bit?)... Are there no other investments that will make 100% this year... That time is better spent looking for other investments than naming reasons gold is going up and up and up (IMO)... Your biggest foe, the US Gov't, is afterall quite the foe....

Respectfully,

souelle

What's your point amigo? The only strong, easy money making trend to follow the past 7-8 years has been gold, and trading the swings in the mining stocks. 100%? - that is pie in the sky crapola, shoot for a 25% a year return like I do and your money doubles muy rapido, and it's been easy to do that in the gold sector.

NO BS

Senor

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

what are you trying to say?

Respectfully,

souelle

#9 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

souelle,

With all due respect, as long as you sidestepped the 2008 crash, precious metals, along with commodities in general have been one of the best bull markets of the past decade. A US investor in equities, tech stocks, whatever (buy & hold) got nowhere. Bonds were OK. And there were too many alternative investment categories that have not done nearly as well, basically many bubbles that burst and have not recovered. (e.g. Uranium, alternative energy, etc.).

So whether you are a gold bug or just an average investor, it is hard not to pay attention to this sector. There is a large move coming into 2011 and beyond, and that is because we are likely in a new 9 year cycle for precious metals. The last 9 year cycle started in 2000. I cannot guarantee the same cycle status for any other asset class.

Are there no other investments that will make 100% this year...

And while I cannot be certain of a double for precious metals from here into next year, I can't think of anything else that will double from here this year. Not one thing. But if you have an idea of something that will, I am all ears.

cheers,

john

Edited by SilentOne, 16 March 2010 - 09:23 PM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#10 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

Fellas... Not saying I haven't been playing the Gold sector on the long side... I'm just tired of talking about it so much... Aren't you? There's other fun stuff out there too... I play options on currencies, special situations and trend, swing ... If I do these things correctly they can return more than even the most optimistic pure gold investment (Silent One this is what I was referring to, but I guess not everyone is that kind of trader)... Anyways... I probably picked the absolute worst location to try to make this (not sure if it came off this way but...) light hearted point... I actually have a lot of respect for each one of you guys, dougie, SilentOne, Senor, Goldswinger who I seem to have offended with that comment... If it makes it better consider the comment entirely rescinded... I guess my questions of bugs in general is why spend so much time thinking about gold when there is a wide world of other cool [bleeeep] to trade out there, especially when you're as an insightful bunch as you 4... I mean, I have just seen you guys make the same fundamental points so frequently and that's what went through my head when I saw the point about Fiat currencies (other points that come up again and again is Gold in nominal dollars, the U.S manipulating gold price etc... We all know these though, right?).... Anyways, sorry to offend if I did and I guess I could have used a little more foresight before I posted this, souelle (I can't even remember why I made the comment in the first place as I try to be non-confrontationalish on these boards, I may have been in a huff because of the lack of attention to the latest trades I've posted)

Edited by souelle6, 17 March 2010 - 11:20 AM.

"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L