EL Grande El Surpriso?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

Fellas... Not saying I haven't been playing the Gold sector on the long side... I'm just tired of talking about it so much... Aren't you? There's other fun stuff out there too... I play options on currencies, special situations and trend, swing ... If I do these things correctly they can return more than even the most optimistic pure gold investment (Silent One this is what I was referring to, but I guess not everyone is that kind of trader)... Anyways... I probably picked the absolute worst location to try to make this (not sure if it came off this way but...) light hearted point... I actually have a lot of respect for each one of you guys, dougie, SilentOne, Senor, Goldswinger who I seem to have offended with that comment... If it makes it better consider the comment entirely rescinded... I guess my questions of bugs in general is why spend so much time thinking about gold when there is a wide world of other cool [bleeeep] to trade out there, especially when you're as an insightful bunch as you 4... I mean, I have just seen you guys make the same fundamental points so frequently and that's what went through my head when I saw the point about Fiat currencies (other points that come up again and again is Gold in nominal dollars, the U.S manipulating gold price etc... We all know these though, right?)....

Anyways, sorry to offend if I did and I guess I could have used a little more foresight before I posted this,

souelle

(I can't even remember why I made the comment in the first place as I try to be non-confrontationalish on these boards, I may have been in a huff because of the lack of attention to the latest trades I've posted)

If you are "tired of talking" about it then don't and go away - it's that simple. Frankly it's muy worth talking about because one of the better rallies of the year is muy possibly beginning, if making 10-20% or more in 6-8 weeks don't do it for you then whatever man.

NO BS

Senor

#12 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

Alright Senor... I hope you read the rest of the post after the tired of talking about it part because it was mostly an apology... I'll keep quiet on the gold and commodities board because if this is anyone's board it's yours... I have sensed some ire directed at my posts here lately anyways... Too bad, I've muy respecto for the Senor from affar, souelle

Edited by souelle6, 17 March 2010 - 12:02 PM.

"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L

#13 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

souelle surely you can see that this is a gold and commodities board? as for repeating the funnamentals ad naseum, i see good on it, and thanks to dharma for keeping our sights on the prize

#14 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

Alright Senor... I hope you read the rest of the post after the tired of talking about it part because it was mostly an apology... I'll keep quiet on the gold and commodities board because if this is anyone's board it's yours... I have sensed some ire directed at my posts here lately anyways...

Too bad, I've muy respecto for the Senor from affar,

souelle

apology accepted and it's all good, but as Dougie just said "it is a gold and commodities board", it's why we are here and what we talk about.

Senor

#15 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

Alright Senor... I hope you read the rest of the post after the tired of talking about it part because it was mostly an apology... I'll keep quiet on the gold and commodities board because if this is anyone's board it's yours... I have sensed some ire directed at my posts here lately anyways...

souelle

soulle

I just cannot help myself......... :lol:, but don't be discouraged about posting here. You are most certainly correct when you mentioned names and they being very astute technicians as well as their being very happy to make money in the precious metals sector. I read your posts on your trades as many do. It is just that often for me I don't have much to comment about on them. You obviously know your business very well and it is a benefit to all on this board to read and learn from others. Many here are not day traders or futures/options traders like myself. For me I take a long term view of precious metals and do occasional swing type trading using stocks and/or ETFs. So keep your input coming.......

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#16 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

souelle

apology accepted and it's all good, but as Dougie just said "it is a gold and commodities board", it's why we are here and what we talk about.

Senor

By the way it's not my board or anyone else's, there are many muy bueno contributors here whose work I respect and look forward to reading. There are times we argue amongst ourselves, and usually very civilly. So there is no need for you to go away, just remember it is a gold and commodities board and any bueno input is always welcome, whether it differs with current views or not.

Senor

#17 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

ES traders are a tiring lot, don't you think? :D

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

quite frankly, i do like what i do. BUT, i do this to make $$$, its not a hobby, its how i earned my living. i am not out to convince anyone of anything. i have experience and i try to impart that to others. i saw last gold bull. many folks planned for the bull, laid traps and then missed the move. it was heart breaking for them . a trend in motion will continue until it actually stops- aristotle. that fact speaks volumes, i try to break down the markets to their simplest state. and studying markets, bulls end w/parabolic blowoffs, bears end w/despair. so, the trend continues, until (bull)until everyone is on board. and then the motion will stop. no one is left to buy. just in this decade we have had several of these. i am a gold bug until the market tops, then i will be onto something else. i traded futures professionally, i managed money. they paid me quite well. i did that until the market crash in 87, fortunately i laid traps@the sept 87 highs and it paid off. i retired from managing money. too much stress. i am older now, and dont want stress in my life. so i use little leverage. i dont want to be distracted from what i do. so, i am not going to get into personal things w/people. i wouldnt know souelle if i was standing next to him! or anyone else. so, lets all make money and share information. its tough enough to beat the markets. 85%of the people who play in this arena lose $$$. forums share ideas. i am all for that dharma

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

from the 08 lows, if i draw gann angles from those lows, in wesdome, the market is in support . this is a producing junior that pays a dividend. unless i am misreading something, this stock is severely undervalued. i am and have been building a position in this stock. do your own dd. i have mentioned this stock before and so did john embry in a piece i posted here last week dharma

#20 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

Senor

By the way it's not my board or anyone else's, there are many muy bueno contributors here whose work I respect and look forward to reading. There are times we argue amongst ourselves, and usually very civilly. So there is no need for you to go away, just remember it is a gold and commodities board and any bueno input is always welcome, whether it differs with current views or not.

Senor

Thanks for the comments... Didn't see those coming... Like I said... I don't really know what got into me on that one... I feel like I do understand why some people stick to gold, I just trade a little more diverse products myself... Thanks especially to the Senor & johngeorge....

I'll keep it a little more productive on this board

souelle

Edited by souelle6, 17 March 2010 - 03:01 PM.

"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L