Finger on trigger but

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

no bottom fishing yet, if a bueno rally begins today Senor will get muy agressive, but NADA yet. BSing away Senor

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:13 AM

no bottom fishing yet, if a bueno rally begins today Senor will get muy agressive, but NADA yet.

BSing away

Senor

soon amigo
on the hourlies we are now oversold, on the hui/xau/gld(benchmarks) waiting for divergences!
i have nothing this week. but next week til the 5th i have a window
of reversal. looking for fulfillment of the 2yr cycle.
dharma
what i find interesting is jfpm and hsbc are the custodians of the gld/slv and they are the largest
shorts in the market! conflict of interest?! fraud? the game is rigged!
they will be overrun in time!

#3 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

the whites of their eyes...

#4 crew123

crew123

• Traders-Talk User
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:47 PM

no bottom fishing yet, if a bueno rally begins today Senor will get muy agressive, but NADA yet.

BSing away

Senor

soon amigo
on the hourlies we are now oversold, on the hui/xau/gld(benchmarks) waiting for divergences!
dharma
what i find interesting is jfpm and hsbc are the custodians of the gld/slv and they are the largest

They are the custodians and the market makers of those products. They are biggest shorts for this reason. You can be assured they have equivalent long positions in derivatives to offset this risk. JPM and HSBC dont have enormous prop desks where they can freely take on that kind of risk. I can assure there is no fraud in the sense you are speaking to.

#5 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

They are the custodians and the market makers of those products. They are biggest shorts for this reason. You can be assured they have equivalent long positions in derivatives to offset this risk. JPM and HSBC dont have enormous prop desks where they can freely take on that kind of risk. I can assure there is no fraud in the sense you are speaking to.

I totally agree crew... Not only could they hold offsetting positions but if a client were not to hold a non-reporting stake their short position would appear under the JPM broker ID which is what is being referred to... In addition, it is especially hard to manipulate an ETF meant to track the price of silver... There are arb traders on every desk in the world looking for these anomalies... "rigging the game" through an ETF which publicly tracks a commodity price is impossible

souelle

Edited by souelle6, 24 March 2010 - 01:11 PM.

"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

BSing away

Senor

soon amigo
dharma

actually, i was 1/2 kidding.
the gold bulls are their own worst enemies. and it will continue like this for awhile longer
dharma

#7 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

the gold bulls are their own worst enemies. and it will continue like this for awhile longer
dharma

Sorry... Didn't pick up on that (air sounds moving over head)... I see legitimate claims at rigging a lot... normally its when people are stumped as to why the market moved like it does...

Anyways

souelle
"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

this looks like a reaonable place to go long if the count is 1-2 1-2 if not

#9 crew123

crew123

• Traders-Talk User
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

this looks like a reaonable place to go long if the count is 1-2 1-2

if not

Dougie, are you saying you think long is a good idea on Gld and Slv right now? You are brave, the trend is down current on the daily. Maybe waiting for a confirmation it is trending up again would be better. If a 3 of 3 is coming as inferred by your potential 1-2 1-2 count then waiting will surely be rewarded as 3 of 3's are big waves "when" and "if" they happen.

I have trend models on my blog TrendOrRange.Blogspot.com. No Elliott wave labelling found there just pure price action. Using the trend models to confirm waves in progress often works well.

Let me know what you think Dougie.

Edited by crew123, 24 March 2010 - 01:53 PM.

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

dharma

Sorry... Didn't pick up on that (air sounds moving over head)... I see legitimate claims at rigging a lot... normally its when people are stumped as to why the market moved like it does...

Anyways

souelle

yes, its what folks say when the market doesnt go their way!
dharma