1930s correlation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

Based on my correlation to 1930s.. Market topped on Oct 2007 and March 1937 respectively. I may show a chart later where we overlay the price patterns, but that's not important for now. World War 2 started in september 1, 1939. Take the same time duration forward and add 7 months, we get april 2010. We had similar price action, similar shoveling in of bailouts.. and people are just plain pissed off at everything. Perhaps this north korea thing is just the tip of the ice berg.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

3_17_10.png
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

the spark will be somewhere in the mideast, and like hitler the buildup has already been happening for years. war is a generally used solution for regimes that cant pay their debts, or for other things that have no solution. it will rhyme.
best,
klh

#4 Mtrader

Mtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

I do not see any resemble to 1930. Market moved up, but not too excessive.
You are on your own. This is for demonstration only.
JV

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

I do not see any resemble to 1930. Market moved up, but not too excessive.

There were similar defunct economic times drowned in debt with no real valuation to attribute during these post bubble years. Some of them ended with wars, some of them ended with regime changes, some of them just went away in time.

#6 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

Based on my correlation to 1930s..

Market topped on Oct 2007 and March 1937 respectively.

I may show a chart later where we overlay the price patterns, but that's not important for now.

World War 2 started in september 1, 1939. Take the same time duration forward and add 7 months, we get april 2010.

We had similar price action, similar shoveling in of bailouts.. and people are just plain pissed off at everything.

Perhaps this north korea thing is just the tip of the ice berg.

Maybe,

But if this trillion upon trillion of debt bailout for the Global finance system doesn't stick.....Then before anything like above happens,we'll see the 'Globalization' experiment
come to a crashing(pardon pun) halt very quickly.......That's when the dark forces of 'Protectionism' will rear it's ugly head.......The "Every country for themselves" syndrome is likely to kick in fairly swiftly,imvho.........Which WILL! defineately lead to major tensions/fallouts between countries/continents...like the 10yrs between the 29 crash and the start of WW2....This is one of the main financial reasons why WW2 occurred......Sad but true,out of global wars comes global GROWTH out of all that blood and rubble.

But then again with all them Nukes still around,not sure WW111 is any where near clear-cut to happen.

Regards.V