BULLS vs. BEARS

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

I'd rather know about a thought process (TA) than an action (position), probably because there is knowledge to be gained from the former. Just my preference, if I really need to choose between one of the two.

spielchekr – But it’s the ACTION (position) that traders take that determines the price, which leads to “Price is King” argument. Whatever their “thought process” may be, ultimately it’s their ACTION that counts.

Nevertheless, if I had to choose, I’d like to know both. And, I’d weigh both of them equally rather than taking one over the other. Just my preference, too...

#32 tomterrific14

tomterrific14

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Expecting next 50 SPX to be up, positioned 2/3'rds short in TZA

#33 tomterrific14

tomterrific14

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

that is , long TZA

#34 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

that is , long TZA

i dont follow...TZA is a bear play?

#35 tomterrific14

tomterrific14

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

that is , long TZA

TZA is a Direxion 3X Bear ETF

#36 bankster

bankster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

that is , long TZA

TZA is a Direxion 3X Bear ETF

You meant to say "Expecting next 50 SPX to be DOWN" I think.

#37 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

I want to be counted with you divisive people - I am bearish. since I dont fib, I will tell ya I was stopped out of shorts twice and currently flat, but still beares up for the short term, less for the IT and very sure of a terrible meltdown by the end of the year or next. long some LT gold, probably should be long vol for the ST. distribution, distribution, distribution.... nice of Ireland to take off those bad loans off the banks balance sheets at even better prices, announced today - as long as such anti-capitalist bailouts keep goosing the markets, it may take a while for the bears. Long corporates, short sovereigns?
best,
klh

#38 souelle6

souelle6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:08 PM

Long corporates, short sovereigns?

I like this conceptually... Though... In my trading recently I have found that after 2008 where everything correlated to 1 minus USD we are in a very pick your spots type market... Some soverigns are unreal CAD is my fav... While some are brutal EUR (I also love shorts on Portugal and Spain through financials that I have frequently posted)... If you're thinking North American Corporates (more CAD than US :) ) and short the bad nations like EUR now, BRIT next and JAPAN after (and the financials on the piigs)... I think you're going to do pretty, pretty well... Wait for market turn to go short... Pre-emptive shorting is a margin assassin!!!

Souelle
"It's not the thinkin' that makes the money, it's the sittin' and waitin' that makes the money" -- J.L

#39 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

I’d say short both corporates and sovereigns, in due time.

Anyway, Karen, You’ll be added to the bear camp in the next update. You’re right about this vacation week. Hopefully, some volatility will get going soon before I take off for summer vacation in April. Kona, I’m coming…

Divisiveness, that’s what makes the market. So, taken from a popular song, United We Stand, the opposite is true for traders.

Here we go…

For DIVIDED we stand, united we fall,
And, if our backs should ever be against the wall, we’ll be DIVIDED,
DIVIDED, you and I….

Alright, gotta run… Have a great trading day ya’ll.

TechMan, the singing trader (just to keep me awake).

I want to be counted with you divisive people - I am bearish.

since I dont fib, I will tell ya I was stopped out of shorts twice and currently flat, but still beares up for the short term, less for the IT and very sure of a terrible meltdown by the end of the year or next.

long some LT gold, probably should be long vol for the ST.

distribution, distribution, distribution....

nice of Ireland to take off those bad loans off the banks balance sheets at even better prices, announced today - as long as such anti-capitalist bailouts keep goosing the markets, it may take a while for the bears.

Long corporates, short sovereigns?

Edited by TechMan, 31 March 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#40 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

O.K. Final roster after removing FIB_1618 from the BULLS camp. 4 more days to go...

BULLS (Long)
Punter
RagingSpartan
Snorkels4
Souelle6

BEARS (Short)
TechMan
CLK
Porsche911sg
jjc
qqqqtrdr
Nietzschean