Leaving GOLD universe, Nat gas is my baby

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

<There are mucho problems IMO with gold and gold stocks> care to elaborate?

#12 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

<There are mucho problems IMO with gold and gold stocks>

care to elaborate?

like many of them at 6-12 month lows! that isnt bull market action imo. with zero interest rates too and the gold price very high.

seems something is wrong to me.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

care to elaborate?

Massive technical divergences into highs basis weekly charts, unconfirmed by XAU since March 2008, all kinds of gold and silver commercials for months on TV an elsewhere, enough to worry me considerably, but I am not bearish with gold only $30 below an all-time high.

Senor

#14 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

care to elaborate?

Massive technical divergences into highs basis weekly charts, unconfirmed by XAU since March 2008, all kinds of gold and silver commercials for months on TV an elsewhere, enough to worry me considerably, but I am not bearish with gold only $30 below an all-time high.

Senor

Senor, I don't worry about the gold commercials. They are for companies buying gold off of the public, if we were at a top the public would be trying to buy the gold not sell it.

#15 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:48 AM

the juniors for sure are diverging, some of em

the majors, less so

care to elaborate?

like many of them at 6-12 month lows! that isnt bull market action imo. with zero interest rates too and the gold price very high.

seems something is wrong to me.

#16 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:50 AM

not bearish but cautious?

care to elaborate?

Senor

#17 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:31 AM

[quote name='dougie' date='Jun 11 2010, 03:50 AM' post='528774']
not bearish but cautious?

Si amigo, that is correct.

Senor

#18 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

Senor , I am with you 100%. Could not agree more. I myself got out of the gold sector for the most part as the technical charts and fun and games being played make it difficult to trade without risking huge losses..... for short term trading. Mind you, you can lose anywhere, but I found the OIL and Gas segment a bit more manageable. I have been trading mostly oil and a bit of Nat Gas and the potential for nat Gas is out of this world, given the Gulf disaster and just plain the way the wind is blowing right now for the next 10 years as you said. NatGas is where gold was in 2000. Best to you, GS.

#19 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

Senor , I am with you 100%. Could not agree more.

I myself got out of the gold sector for the most part as the technical charts and fun and games being played make it difficult to trade without risking huge losses..... for short term trading. Mind you, you can lose anywhere, but I found the OIL and Gas segment a bit more manageable. I have been trading mostly oil and a bit of Nat Gas and the potential for nat Gas is out of this world, given the Gulf disaster and just plain the way the wind is blowing right now for the next 10 years as you said.

NatGas is where gold was in 2000.

Best to you,

GS.

That is what I saw when I looked at my long term ratio charts. I do not get emotionally attached to any market, my goal is to make as many Pesodollars as possible with as little risk as possible.

Senor

#20 darnelds

darnelds

• Traders-Talk User
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

Senor, Will you buy UNG, trusts, futures, or individual NAT GAS stocks? Thanks