Nominations Please

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Cedar. I agree with Selecto many great traders just watch and collect sentiment here but of the ones that do post. My pick is Semi because an all around trader should be real good in at least a few markets not just one. Hey Semi everyone takes some BS here once in a while you going to let that get to you? Too many in 2nd Spook st is killer, Short to Mid time frames Mark, Nav, Dev, goldie, selcto I know I am missing some here Mid to LT time frames Rodger D, IT, arbs, Don, lib, I know I am missing some here too. Bonds Gary B.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#12 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

you already named almost everyone i could think of - but there really seems to be a correlation between nominees and their number of posts - save GaryS. jjc, mss, gannman, jb catch an acorn and post it here at times, but like Gary, I think they are mostly trading.
best,
klh

#13 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

you already named almost everyone i could think of - but there really seems to be a correlation between nominees and their number of posts - save GaryS.

jjc, mss, gannman, jb catch an acorn and post it here at times, but like Gary, I think they are mostly trading.

yeah K the ones you mentioned are on my LT list all good.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#14 mogreen

mogreen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

Z....World Traveler,A diplomat,gentleman,MasterTrader! ...And rarely a nasty word

#15 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

So Selecto,

I guess you don t want to nominate anyone :P

I nominate you, Nico. :)

#16 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

Z {you could even ask my wife to whom I refer as "the best trader I've ever known"} :)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#17 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

So Selecto,

I guess you don t want to nominate anyone :P

I nominate you, Nico. :)

Can t put my name on the list cos I m making the poll :P
but thanks

#18 humbled

humbled

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

He is more of a swing trader, I think, and doesn't post much. But when he does, I listen and learn: mss I have a whole page of his charts on my Stockcharts account.

#19 mogreen

mogreen

• Traders-Talk User
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

Z {you could even ask my wife to whom I refer as "the best trader I've ever known"} :)

She who must be obeyed(Rumpole of the baily).....A Ttrading Goddessss!

my wife keeps me on the straight and narrow, She says, ' You lose a penny and your out tonight!"

#20 TradeXTC

TradeXTC

• Traders-Talk User
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

you already named almost everyone i could think of - but there really seems to be a correlation between nominees and their number of posts - save GaryS.

jjc, mss, gannman, jb catch an acorn and post it here at times, but like Gary, I think they are mostly trading.

I've read a ton on this board from most all of the ones mentioned here.
My reasons for Gary S.:

He's traded futures, commodities, bonds, options etc, etc...short term intra day to long term. He's been successful through a variety of markets and has achieved success with little risk even competing in Real Money contests and doing well. I was good in a sport making a US Team couple of times and won Internationally once. I had the pleasure of learning from several ELITE level coaches. Everything I read and see from Gary's posts solidifies everything I learned in my sport training and experiences. He's a Hall of Fame Trader in my opinion. Maybe there are others here, but I don't get the same sense of competence and maturity from others as I do Gary.

Hope he hasn't retired and wish he'd post here a bit more.
Don't wait for conditions to be perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------