37 replies to this topic

#31 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

time is the key factor. when time is up the trend will change
dharma

Dharma, how likely do you think we get a low in August for gold stocks with a retest of these lows in Oct-Nov?

i dont know, what i do know is my work shows a high for gold in october, and until that harmonic changes, that is where i sit. this harmonic has called gold for 10years, i am not about to give up on it too quickly
dharma

Hi Dharma,
I saw your post to mine on FF. Thanks.
As I mentioned on that thread, I need to hear Merriman's webcast again to verify my notes. Oct 8th as you know is Venus retrograde and even though he might have said a low in gold it could be a high...as you know Venus Retros seem to align with reversals.

I'm going to try and deciper more of these notes I have and maybe it makes sense to you and your cycles. As I mentioned on that thread, , his gut thinks we are going up in gold into the July 23-Aug 10th period which includes (some planet, sorry, missed that) entering the helio Saggitarius on Jul 30-31...that's when he says typically gold skyrockets during a period like that...usually 6-9 days afterwards. And then fall after that could fall $200-300 from that top. The reason for the parabolic rise is he suspects another default in August for Europe.

He says gold goes higher in 2011-2012. As long as gold doesn't close two monthly closes under $1,000 it stays bullish. He says his 8 1/2 yr top would be around 2013 with a target of $1443-1914 plus/minus $200 but if we had a currency crisis and is treated as money, could easily got to $4-5k by the end of the decade. He feels it is headed towards $1590 by early 2011. A 4 1/4 cycle top could happen Jan 2013 but not before 2010 and it would put his target for gold at $1380-1460 plus/minus $64.

A lot depends on what type of cycle it is and what the pattern is..I'm not a cycle gal but am learning and understand everyone has their own cycle styles.

He sees the $ down the next 3-5 years and that the Euro could eventually get even to $2 to the dollar.

The bottom line for the stock market for him was a rise into the same period like gold July 23-Aug 10th period for a top. If the dow goes under 9484 it's in big trouble but if it holds there, he would buy it. He has a first major bottom 2012-2013 and then another one 2015-2016. This seems to line up with Terry Laundry's T Theory too. But no matter if a low comes in for the Venus retrograde on Oct 8th, buy it.

Next week, I'll listen to it again. Just trying to get myself organized after my husband's heart attack. Hey guys -especially, here's something for you if you didn't know this already. If you have pain in your tooth and you go to the dentist and he says he can't see a problem, you might want to go to your doctor to get your heart check..especially if you have a heart problem or hereditary issues. My husband's dad died at age 56 and he is 55. My husband had that 2 weeks ago, not knowing this, then pushed himself too much physically, and bingo, just like that had a heart attack with 99% blockage. Fortunately, my quick reaction got him to the nearest hospital...(he's an engineer trying to analyze whether he was having a heart attack or not when he felt the pain down his arm and pressure on his chess..he thought it would go away)..they had 90 minutes from the time a blockage would happen to get a stent in. ...we were told especially for men, pain in the jaw happens a lot. Just wanted to let you men know this because men will experience this more than women.

TM

hi traderama, i am happy for you and your husband. thanks for the info. i didnt know that about tooth aches. yes, keep us posted on merriman , he has made some amazing calls
the full moon is the 26th. and the past few cycles , the full moon has been a high.
and i suspect prices will be alot higher in the future
dharma

Edited by dharma, 16 July 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#32 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

dharma

Dharma, how likely do you think we get a low in August for gold stocks with a retest of these lows in Oct-Nov?

i dont know, what i do know is my work shows a high for gold in october, and until that harmonic changes, that is where i sit. this harmonic has called gold for 10years, i am not about to give up on it too quickly
dharma

That's interesting. I'm assuming that the high in October isn't the final high?

in my studies, i have never seen a bull market end any other way but a parabolic blowoff
look @
nasdaq in 2k
real estate in 05ish
or go further back in history as i have done , satisfy yourself . study. do your homework
dont believe a word anyone tells you , investigate for yourself, satisfy yourself
dharma

look at gold priced in Euro's for that parabolic look, you will find it

Senor

#33 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

dharma

dharma

in my studies, i have never seen a bull market end any other way but a parabolic blowoff
look @
nasdaq in 2k
real estate in 05ish
or go further back in history as i have done , satisfy yourself . study. do your homework
dont believe a word anyone tells you , investigate for yourself, satisfy yourself
dharma

Senor

so what are you saying?
dharma

#34 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

http://goldstocksdai...-262-1-billion/

All of this talk about how Gold is becoming too popular of an investment and it’s in a bubble is just insane. When the total market cap of all Gold companies only totals $262.1 billion, yet Apple has a market cap of $223 billion, then clearly there is no real investment demand for the precious metal.

Largest Market Cap
Barrick Gold - 40.2 billion
Goldcorp – $28.8 billion
Newmont – $28.1 billion
AngloGold Ashanti – $14.2 billion
Kinross Gold – $10.8 billion
Total – $122.1 billion

Small-Midsize+ Market Cap
There are roughly 100 publicly traded gold companies that fall in this category. Eldorado, Goldfields, IAMGOLD, Agnico-Eagle, Newcrest, FCX(their gold portion), etc. The total market cap of all of these combined is roughly:

Total – $140 billion

Grand Total – $262.1 billion

Large Cap S&P 500
Apple Inc – $223 billion
Google - $149 billion
Microsoft – $220 billion
GE – $156 billion
Exxon Mobil – $274 billion
Walmart – $183 billion
JP Morgan Chase – $155 billion
IBM – $167 billion
Procter and Gamble – $178 billion
Johnson and Johnson – $164 billion
Total – $1.87 trillion

Current market cap of S&P 500 – $9.64 trillion

All of the Gold companies in the known universe that are publicly traded are only 2.7% of the total value of the S&P 500. So I ask, if the public is so heavily involved in Gold right now, how is it that the companies that mine it are only a fraction of the value of the S&P?

Roughly 4.5 billion oz of Gold that has been mined throughout history still exist today. That equals about $5.3 trillion at today’s prices. A little over 1/5 of that is held by Central Banks. Almost 3/5′s is in the form of jewelery(etc.) And the remaining 1/5 is held by the public in the form of coins and bars. So that 1/5 that is in the form of coins and bars is only worth roughly $1 trillion. And remember, this is the total world holdings, not the United States.

$1 trillion in coins and bars held by the public
+
$262.1 billion for the combined market cap of all Gold companies
= $1.262 trillion
So I ask you, how can Gold be so popular now, when the public(worldwide remind you) gold holdings are only worth $1.262 trillion? And what happens when, I don’t know, a couple trillion tries to flow into $262.1 billion worth of Gold stocks in the next few years? We haven’t seen anything yet, believe me. There are no signs that we are in a Gold Bubble. Yes, the value of Gold has increased by a lot in the past few years. If you put it in perspective though that $2 trillion or so increase in value is a drop in the bucket. The US alone has printed up a couple trillion dollars in the past few years, who knows how much the rest of the world has

#35 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

dharma

dharma

look @
nasdaq in 2k
real estate in 05ish
dharma

Senor

so what are you saying?
dharma

That one could argue a parabolic top did occur in gold priced in Euros, and a muy importante top is in place. Personally I am very unsure of what is happening so I have no skin in this gold game and no interest. Just pointing out that there is a lot of risk IMO.

Senor

#36 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,056 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

one thing i wonder is: how is it that miners profits are not soaring at these gold prices? Second thing is, why have the miners not been confirming golds highs?

#37 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

one thing i wonder is: how is it that miners profits are not soaring at these gold prices?
Second thing is, why have the miners not been confirming golds highs?

profits should be soaring no doubt. and the miners tend to move later in the game, i suspect we are there. but, we shall see
bull markets climb a wall of worry. this one has been no different so many things to be uncomfortable about
dharma

#38 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

one thing i wonder is: how is it that miners profits are not soaring at these gold prices?
Second thing is, why have the miners not been confirming golds highs?

profits should be soaring no doubt. and the miners tend to move later in the game, i suspect we are there. but, we shall see
bull markets climb a wall of worry. this one has been no different so many things to be uncomfortable about
dharma

yet the miner's also tend to not confirm gold at muy important tops and that an be muy negative.

Senor