are you ready ?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

Normally Wed or Thurs would see the actual intraday price high, but since Friday is end of month, that is when the down day would most likely occur. If we did turn down right away, we could definitely test some moderate support levels, but if ES 1085 was printed, we could see the gap filled at 1063 on end of month squaring. Grinding up is all we have for now.

#12 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

VFF: High tomorrow before lunch, down for the rest of your (inflation adjusted) life.

There's an old saying here in Connecticut. . .

"One can never be too thin or too inflation adjusted."

Edited by milbank, 26 July 2010 - 07:08 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#13 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:08 PM

Bears at lowest short positions in forever. Could be interesting as they were the only ones supporting the market.

Rydex Funds shows not a lot of movement in the amount of bearish funds, but a big increase in the amount of cash being infused into the bullish side as well funds moving into the market... Unfortunately, for the bears this is bullish... I do think we need more short covering. Hopefully the bears covered today.... I need to get back into the market...

Barry

#14 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

All I see here is guessing, I would not risk one dime unless I was almost sure. I see no topping action, overbought yes but it is a coin toss. Sometimes I wonder if people got millions or whatever somewhere else and just do this for fun to see how much they can keep from losing, not really worrying about losing a few hundred thousand.

#15 NewportTrader

NewportTrader

• Validating
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Bears at lowest short positions in forever. Could be interesting as they were the only ones supporting the market.

Can you give me a link to where i can find the current short data compared to where they were historically

#16 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

Nasi@317.03..................R/T...615 S@-45

Edited by vitaminm, 26 July 2010 - 09:28 PM.

vitaminm

#17 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

All I see here is guessing,

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#18 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

Nasi@317.03..................R/T...615
S@-45

NASI is at -500 bro. I think you mean NYSI?

#19 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Normally Wed or Thurs would see the actual intraday price high, but since Friday is end of month, that is when the down day would most likely occur. If we did turn down right away, we could definitely test some moderate support levels, but if ES 1085 was printed, we could see the gap filled at 1063 on end of month squaring. Grinding up is all we have for now.

Could be Darris, but the 6/7 day low is due Tuesday, Wed at the latest, so Friday I would expect would still be up, though I suppose it could be the start of the drop into the 5wk low. All in a perfect Hurst world, of course.
Doc

#20 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

All I see here is guessing,

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Guessing has an element of doubt associated with it. I don't see that here :P

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV