New Eco-Friendly Cigarette -- Marlboro Earth

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

RICHMOND, VA—Executives at Philip Morris USA this week unveiled Marlboro Earth, a new eco-friendly cigarette that gradually eliminates the causes of global warming and environmental destruction at their source.

"By killing off the No. 1 threat to the environment, new Marlboro Earths will have a long-term effect on the overall health of our planet," Philip Morris spokesperson Janet Weiss said. "If everyone in America does their part and joins our new green-smoking movement, then together we can eradicate man's destructive practices once and for all."

According to a press release from Philip Morris, the new environmentally friendly cigarettes work by employing powerful carcinogens that accumulate in the lungs of smokers, slowly breaking down their vital organs and eliminating the danger posed to the overpopulated planet by the human race.

"Go ahead," Weiss continued. "Light up, breathe in, and help save Mother Earth."

In initial product trials, the eco-cigarettes have proven popular among smokers.

"I leave work three to five times a day to stand outside and help the environment," said longtime smoker Sam Davies, an office worker in Raleigh, NC.

http://www.theonion....ve-human,17529/
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

I was thinking that this had to be the Onion, then I saw the link: the Onion. ;)

#3 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Earth Day 1970

“Phasing out the human race will solve every problem on earth, social and environmental.” - Dave Forman, founder of Earth First

“I suspect that eradicating smallpox was wrong. It played an important part in balancing ecosystems.” - John Davis, editor of the Earth First Journal

“The extinction of the human species may not only be inevitable but a good thing….This is not to say that the rise of human civilization is insignificant, but there is no way of showing that it will be much help to the world in the long run.” - An editorial in The Economist.

http://factsnotfanta...een-quotes.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.