Photo

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 cp1

cp1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

I got the following msg: Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer! The website at www.traders-talk.com contains elements from the site todtraf.info, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer. For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for todtraf.info. Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online. Anyone else get this message?? CP1

#2 manuj

manuj

• Validating
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

Yes i got today morning

could be something to do with a mysterious .jar file which my antivirus alerted about.

I got the following msg:

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at www.traders-talk.com contains elements from the site todtraf.info, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for todtraf.info.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

Anyone else get this message??

CP1

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

What browser and anti-virus are you using? Also, what page did you go to when you got the alert?

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hi CP. Yes. Then when I entered "anyway" I got the message that the "virus had been isolated"....
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#5 NewportTrader

NewportTrader

• Validating
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

What browser and anti-virus are you using? Also, what page did you go to when you got the alert?

I am getting this for every page on the website right now...

#6 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

Yes iI did when I use Google crome but could not copy and paste.How can remove it?It won't let me open TT page. I am ok with Explorer.
vitaminm

#7 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

Google chrome and AVG. "Fearless Forecasters page".
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#8 hpm123

hpm123

• Traders-Talk User
  • 495 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

getting same. todtraf.info/top100/in.cgi?9 causing the popup alert on my system. Using Trend Micro WorryFree corporate a/v client. Using Firefox 3.6.8. Get this popup when doing refresh load on FF page.

#9 NewportTrader

NewportTrader

• Validating
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

Yes iI did when I use Google crome but could not copy and paste.How can remove it?It won't let me open TT page.

I am ok with Explorer.

with chrome .. hit ignore.. then continue.. but you will have to do it on every page on the site... i wouldent disable it or when you do come upon a website with actual sypware it wont tell you..

#10 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

On IE I got an AVG alert for two threats for this page.