Photo

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 StenoDude

StenoDude

• Traders-Talk User
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

What browser and anti-virus are you using? Also, what page did you go to when you got the alert?

I am running IE8 with Trend Micro PC-Cillin anti-virus and am getting, "WARNING: Dangerous Website; Address: http://todtraf.info/top100/in.cgi?9; Credibility: Dangerous; Category: Spyware".
Time and Price baby!!

All of my predictions are based upon the Dow Jones Industrials and all times are given in Eastern Time.

#12 cp1

cp1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

What browser and anti-virus are you using? Also, what page did you go to when you got the alert?

Same as IYB....CHROME : FEARLESS FORECASTER. I run NOD32 and it quarantined a file.

CP

#13 Guest_TTHQStaff*_*

Guest_TTHQStaff*_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

I am running IE8 with Trend Micro PC-Cillin anti-virus and am getting, "WARNING: Dangerous Website; Address: http://todtraf.info/top100/in.cgi?9; Credibility: Dangerous; Category: Spyware".

Hey, that's not a link on the Traders-Talk server, it's from somewhere else.
Mark, looks like an advertiser may be having problems. We may need to yank them one by one until we can identify the sponsor.

btw: Not having any alerts or notifications from behind my secure firewall; running IE 8 from here.

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

Google chrome and AVG. "Fearless Forecasters page".

Same here -- GOOGLE CHROME, AVG
FF page
AVG took it out (so they say)

#15 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

OK, we had a situation like this before. It was a goofy portion of a script that was on an ad, briefly. Google picked it up and then advises folks using Chrome of a problem. I'm not sure who is the problem outfit, but chances are, it's harmless. As soon as I can get in, I'll have Google take a look at the site and see if they can back out the alert. I have checked and this code is NOT running on our site. This is definitely 3rd party. In the meantime, we may take down some of the adcode in order to try to address the risk (though I think it's small). Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#16 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Google chrome and AVG. "Fearless Forecasters page".

Same here -- GOOGLE CHROME, AVG
FF page
AVG took it out (so they say)

"So they say" indeed. My computer developed a little "stutter step" after this incident. When I open any post and I start to scroll down to read it, and it scrolls {"pops"} back to top of page by itself. Anybody else experiencing this?
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#17 Toss7

Toss7

• TT Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

[quote name='cp1' date='Aug 3 2010, 01:17 PM' post='537659'

Anyone else get this message??

CP1
[/quote]

Yes, the same here. Just tried to load sites from the browser history and it looks like every single page is affected. Problem is, I have to deactivate the security option in Safari 5 to load the site.

#18 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

I am running Mozilla and the AVAST av is on and I am getting nothing. F&D
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#19 CCL

CCL

• Traders-Talk User
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

I'm running Mozilla, and while I was one of the infected ones the last time this happened; no problems at all today.

#20 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

someone mentioned this: exploiter Phoenix virus found on trader-talk.com
best,
klh