Gold

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

thanks John: if it never came in, when do you decide the horse has left the barn?

#22 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:44 PM

thanks John: if it never came in, when do you decide the horse has left the barn?

dougie,

When it breaks out. Seen that and done it. :o

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#23 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:30 PM

Great exchange. I think we are in the top for gold IT. I am holding my core silver position and on any decline I will add at the lower BB. Gold is another story, it is at or near triple top. I think they sell gold if things start to deteriorate - cash you know. Later gold at 1000 is always a buy. I am out of my core gold this AM. Yes I do think gold will fall hard when it starts down. Scares to prove, Islander

#24 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Senor can see reasons for an IT top at 1230-1300, but fighting and or top picking this market had been hazardous to ones financial health for years now. I would tighten stops a lot on longs but let it ride for now, maybe it goes another $100-200 norte first? BSing away Senor

#25 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

just a great example of the fear created by wave 2 decline, fall of 08. senor's post above is astute. we may pull back for a couple of days. seasonally we are in a strong time and the market itself is strong. gold will continue to outperform silver , maybe in the 3rd phase of the bull, the speculative phase silver will do better. maybe. i will sit till october, i follow my work, and the market, not lead dharma

#26 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

just a great example of the fear created by wave 2 decline, fall of 08.
senor's post above is astute. we may pull back for a couple of days.
seasonally we are in a strong time
and the market itself is strong.
gold will continue to outperform silver , maybe in the 3rd phase of the bull,
the speculative phase silver will do better. maybe.
i will sit till october, i follow my work, and the market, not lead
dharma

+1

Senor

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

just a great example of the fear created by wave 2 decline, fall of 08.
senor's post above is astute. we may pull back for a couple of days.
seasonally we are in a strong time
and the market itself is strong.
gold will continue to outperform silver , maybe in the 3rd phase of the bull,
the speculative phase silver will do better. maybe.
i will sit till october, i follow my work, and the market, not lead
dharma

+1

Senor

the day will come, when i am not bullish enough for some. then, i will know the ride is coming to an end. but , we are a distance from that time
dharma

#28 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

I found myself in the correction camp along with silent one john and others so I sold my long term holding Friday in TGLDX as well as my trades in GDXJ and SLW. I still have a couple of jrs I will hold til the cows come home as well as a small position in FNNVF. Looking to be back in soon for the next rally. There is no way on this earth I can express my gratitude for the wonderful posters I am privileged to read on this board. Some of the very best traders in the world and they are so generous in their contributions. It is truly inspiring. Thank you all. :flowers: :wub: :flowers:
Peace
johngeorge

#29 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

jg: no chance you might share some of your hold till the CCH jrs? I sold half of my position in ATC (500 million makes it not at all cheap) so the rest is free and then some but the yukon is heating up good trade you made: cheers

#30 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

jg: no chance you might share some of your hold till the CCH jrs?

I sold half of my position in ATC (500 million makes it not at all cheap) so the rest is free and then some
but the yukon is heating up

good trade you made: cheers

Thanks for the cheers, dougie. I did very well especially with the TGLDX which I bought in early February and kept adding to monthly.

TTCCH are: EDVMF, MNEAF, GWMGF miners. RJA for overall commodity exposure in Agriculture and USU for exposure in Uranium. I am also long nat gas, and underwater :huh: , via GAZ and PMGYF. That's my total stock holdings (including FNNVF) at this time. I am well over 65% cash now and looking for trades to buy on pullbacks. Not looking to purchase Eagles anytime soon. Thinking after dharma's October high we could be in a long correction/consolidation phase. Will see.

Edited by johngeorge, 05 September 2010 - 04:23 PM.

Peace
johngeorge