MARKET THOUGHTS RUT TRADE

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

my apologies for the late post, i had started almost 30m ago but was interrupted and have not check the markets since as i did not want it to influence my thoughts from earlier

this morning trading profits continued to build with another +1% gain early along with trend technicals that have improved to a point of signaling a longer term move higher. however,..

we are just arriving at that line and just as we've seen before this is an area of doubt by both bullish and bearish players.

i will try and capitalize on this area using some vst,.. and that means somewhat weak or short lived technical signals to support my new position as a short term counter trend trade.

it was almost a decision to sit out a day in the markets, but i did exit my long position,.. and flipped short.

i will admit ahead of time this may be a day early and we still have at least a 50/50 chance of moving higher from here (10:45am chart time) into the close.

my decision to short was supported however by some early divergences as we approch resistance lines,...and let us not forget some very good prices on some bearish shares, again more than i've been able to purchase all year.

again trade safe, :bowtie:

Edited by Mr Dev, 02 September 2010 - 10:14 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

Goodness Mr Dev, What indicators are you using??? Just curious. I wonder why they had been developing the same signal at the same time i believe you executed the trades at the same time as i did and posted just a mins later. I've noticed this for sometime! the trades seems to rhyme...
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

Looking at QQQQ... and Assuming A=B and B=C and applying EW analysis with FIB.. Minumum Target for QQQQ on this run is 46 and 1100 on $SPX. If you are thinking about shorting, that is when I would do it... Personally, I don't think we will get there today.... Barry

#4 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

I also entered a short position, I use RYDEX as I believe DEV does also.

Posted Image
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

hi posrche 911sg, say what does the sg tag line represent?

Goodness Mr Dev, What indicators are you using??? Just curious. Well posrchee that is the million dollar question ;)

I wonder why they had been developing the same signal at the same time.... hmm actually they didn't so you haven't answered your question ..
i believe you executed the trades at the same time as i did and posted just a mins later. wrong guess !
i enter my morning trade orders at 7:20am and started posting almost an hour earlier today and simply uploaded it well after 7:45 fill my time.
Rydex traders know how that works trading twice a day funds

I've noticed this for sometime! the trades seems to rhyme...
i do rhyme with a lot of different traders at certain times, just not all the time.

trade safe
:bowtie:

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#6 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:34 PM

my apologies for the late post, i had started almost 30m ago but was interrupted and have not check the markets since as i did not want it to influence my thoughts from earlier

this morning trading profits continued to build with another +1% gain early along with trend technicals that have improved to a point of signaling a longer term move higher. however,..

we are just arriving at that line and just as we've seen before this is an area of doubt by both bullish and bearish players.

i will try and capitalize on this area using some vst,.. and that means somewhat weak or short lived technical signals to support my new position as a short term counter trend trade.

it was almost a decision to sit out a day in the markets, but i did exit my long position,.. and flipped short.

i will admit ahead of time this may be a day early and we still have at least a 50/50 chance of moving higher from here (10:45am chart time) into the close.

my decision to short was supported however by some early divergences as we approch resistance lines,...and let us not forget some very good prices on some bearish shares, again more than i've been able to purchase all year.

again trade safe, :bowtie:

Dev :D
90% probability that was today's highs.
Did the same this morning on blog posted live had a 10 am high or 12.30 but 1086 looked real good on es so I slammed them.

fwiw 10:28 is the best low for the bullish case tomorrow and we cannot print a low past 2:30 tomorrow or it extends to Sept 7th and this was a top. I do not care which way just move baby. :lol:

Edited by zoropb, 02 September 2010 - 12:35 PM.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#7 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

hi chili !

.. always been my pet name for ya ... ;) how ya been ??

yes it is still rydex ...

i feel my approach to trading is safest and least stressful way to trade.

it also allows flexibility with all the benefits of a comfortable life style.

:bowtie:

P.S.
i gotta say it's like tuning in to watch the best and most important part of a basketball game...the last 2 mins to see who wins ! :cheer:

I also entered a short position, I use RYDEX as I believe DEV does also.

Edited by Mr Dev, 02 September 2010 - 12:51 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#8 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

Why trade Rydex when you could trade an ETF and have the possibility of trading as any time during the day? IT

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

Why trade Rydex when you could trade an ETF and have the possibility of trading as any time during the day?

Hi IT,.. it's been asked many times and the long answer is because.. 'i feel my approach to trading is safest ,...easiest ,.. and least stressful way to trade.

....and it also allows flexibility with all the benefits of a comfortable life style.

and did i mention the profits are also nice lol.

IT

Edited by Mr Dev, 02 September 2010 - 12:56 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#10 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

In my situation, the funds are in an IRA with RYDEX, no tax issues. I used to use FIDELTY but they only let you trade RYDEX once a day and when you sell, they have a three day hold, same with other ETF's with Fidelity. With RYDEX directly, I can trade my funds more freely without a hold. Also, no commisions with RYDEX while Fidelity gets you both ways.

Edited by Chilidawgz, 02 September 2010 - 12:57 PM.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer