the trend is your friend 2

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#91 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

bank of england left interest rates unch. and they are talking about buying more bonds, but are waiting. hey its a party they will have no choice but to join in.
1292 resistance we will spend alittle time here. 1400 and 1409 next. 1460 beckons
soon the public will be joining the fray.
look @a monthly gold chart. we are in a parabolic here and now.
as the action becomes more and more volatile i will do less and less. good traders i know are sitting @the station, hoping the train returns.
it might , watch the fib retracements for clues. from july lows to october highs there were over a dozen corrections. it will be more of the same on this leg, w/the kickoff(yesterday)indicating more volatility. only the few who understand bull markets. who have really studied will remain seated . the rest will be shaken off. study charts of past bulls . its a good indicator. and every time it corrects folks will have lower #s that it will come to, it wont go there. corrections will be short in duration. maintaining that steep channel on the monthly chart. the game has shifted . think accordingly. there will be a large correction after the jan/feb high which last for months. but, it will come from higher #S. joe is chomping @the bit to come to the party and he will. only to be taken behind the woodshed.
dharma

Thank Dharma. Do you still think Venus going direct will be a low?..perhaps chop around from 1350-1399 till then?...then another blast off..that is sort of my thought...Dec 8-9 plus/minus 3 days is the last turn date of Merriman for 2010...that HL i mentioned a couple of days ago blasted off from yesterday 7 to today's hi of 8.20..strong buying still coming in...but very overbot..it shoud continue up imo..point and figure targets $9 but can easily get another buy signal there..today's it has a nice hammer so far despite being overbot..

TM

venus and jupiter both go direct on the 18th, a very rare occurrence in deed. i am trying my best to stay w/the market , stay present. i have no idea how that shakes out. it is obvious that the market is in a vertical channel and it is bent on going higher. i just want to capitalize on what it gives me and listen to what it is saying . the other day @1326 i didnt hear it and missed that opportunity. i dont make that mistake often, but i was in my mind as to where it was going. volume dried up on the lows and presto here we are . i need to be present w/it and have nothing in mind so i can hear it
dharma

#92 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

bank of england left interest rates unch. and they are talking about buying more bonds, but are waiting. hey its a party they will have no choice but to join in.
1292 resistance we will spend alittle time here. 1400 and 1409 next. 1460 beckons
as the action becomes more and more volatile i will do less and less. good traders i know are sitting @the station, hoping the train returns.
it might , watch the fib retracements for clues. from july lows to october highs there were over a dozen corrections. it will be more of the same on this leg, w/the kickoff(yesterday)indicating more volatility. only the few who understand bull markets. who have really studied will remain seated . the rest will be shaken off. study charts of past bulls . its a good indicator. and every time it corrects folks will have lower #s that it will come to, it wont go there. corrections will be short in duration. maintaining that steep channel on the monthly chart. the game has shifted . think accordingly. there will be a large correction after the jan/feb high which last for months. but, it will come from higher #S. joe is chomping @the bit to come to the party and he will. only to be taken behind the woodshed.
dharma

dharma:

I agree the character is beginning to change here - I wasn't there for the last round, but was "in the middle" of the tech bubble in 1997-2001 and remember it well - now I will have to dust off the cobwebs from those years and put on my game hat! The waves and waves should be amazing - will be nice to see them again! I also remember well all the "newbies" that came to the table in late 2000 and early 2001 to finally "get their piece of the action". They all EXPECTED to buy in the morning, sell in the afternoon and double their money - it will happen again.

stubaby

#93 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

dharma

dharma:

I agree the character is beginning to change here - I wasn't there for the last round, but was "in the middle" of the tech bubble in 1997-2001 and remember it well - now I will have to dust off the cobwebs from those years and put on my game hat! The waves and waves should be amazing - will be nice to see them again! I also remember well all the "newbies" that came to the table in late 2000 and early 2001 to finally "get their piece of the action". They all EXPECTED to buy in the morning, sell in the afternoon and double their money - it will happen again.

stubaby

you are astute stubaby. as w/that game each buy will be from higher levels. @some point one has to put that urge on the back burner . fold his hands and just sit tight. i am 99% long and scouring for buys every day. something gets taken to the woodshed. i say thank you very much and buy.
take a look @the monthly gold chart , it is in a parabolic move up. holding the tight channel. we are in the strong part of the year now. and this is going higher right here right now than most think possible. by january these #s will seem like steals. and then the woodshed. then phase 3.
yes, its a different mode in the parabolic. watching this 1392 the market is working it hard. then comes the big round #.
dharma

#94 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

ahem! rem
http://www.youtube.c...0...=1&index=34
dharma

#95 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

i hope some of you out there have been participating in this run. notice that corrections are occurring intraday, its a powerful move and the move to 1372 retraced .382 of the move. relationships hold, it is just faster. the move off the july lows is intructive. although vertical there were more than 12 corrections. this move will be of a similar character. hunt for laggards that are sound, they will ketchup. this move is going higher than most think possible, except for jimmy sitting @1650, and i think his estimate is too low. but consider that he made that call over 10years ago. a hat tip to you mr. sinclair. weakness is a gift. the fed has your back , they are letting the inflation genie out of the bottle, w/the full faith and confidence they can stuff him back in. i have my doubts. that piece that bernake wrote in the washington post(that i posted several posts ago) is telling you his thinking. flawed @best. last time around the ags did well , gold did better. i dont want to spread myself around . i can do one thing really well, and exhibit expertise. more i spread myself too thin. i have 30-40 miners. diversification, while smoothing out the ups and downs is way overrated. i do this to make money. i sleep well @night no matter what! even in 2008 when behind the woodshed. why the hell do you have so many miners i got burned last time w/strikes, mines flooding, management making poor decisions,govts extorting more money from the miners etc. so rather than take a large hit if one gets into trouble , its a small hit and my account recovers quickly. stay the course. this move will last into the strong part of the year-jan/feb. dharma

#96 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:03 PM

i hope some of you out there have been participating in this run. notice that corrections are occurring intraday, its a powerful move and the move to 1372 retraced .382 of the move. relationships hold, it is just faster. the move off the july lows is intructive. although vertical there were more than 12 corrections. this move will be of a similar character. hunt for laggards that are sound, they will ketchup. this move is going higher than most think possible, except for jimmy sitting @1650, and i think his estimate is too low. but consider that he made that call over 10years ago. a hat tip to you mr. sinclair.
weakness is a gift. the fed has your back , they are letting the inflation genie out of the bottle, w/the full faith and confidence they can stuff him back in.
i have my doubts. that piece that bernake wrote in the washington post(that i posted several posts ago) is telling you his thinking. flawed @best.
last time around the ags did well , gold did better. i dont want to spread myself around . i can do one thing really well, and exhibit expertise. more i spread myself too thin. i have 30-40 miners. diversification, while smoothing out the ups and downs is way overrated. i do this to make money. i sleep well @night no matter what! even in 2008 when behind the woodshed. why the hell do you have so many miners
i got burned last time w/strikes, mines flooding, management making poor decisions,govts extorting more money from the miners etc. so rather than take a large hit if one gets into trouble , its a small hit and my account recovers quickly. stay the course. this move will last into the strong part of the year-jan/feb.
dharma

Thanks, dharma

Know that I am in this game. Percentage wise I am holding the largest ever position in PM stocks while continually adding to the physical. It has been great and I too think Mr Sinclair could be conservative with a $1650 call. When I look at it I really can't see a ceiling until the Fed does an about face or the big D arrives. Blackhawk Ben appears to be staying the course and I will stay with him as well as the other central banks.

Looking to add a couple more small miners to my holdings..........MNEAF, ESPZF, and EXK. Perhaps more.

Off topic, but, I think coal is a good long term play here in energy. I believe 50% of electricity in the US is generated from coal burning plants. HW comes to mind.

Best to you. :)
Peace
johngeorge

#97 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

i hope some of you out there have been participating in this run. notice that corrections are occurring intraday, its a powerful move and the move to 1372 retraced .382 of the move. relationships hold, it is just faster. the move off the july lows is intructive. although vertical there were more than 12 corrections. this move will be of a similar character. hunt for laggards that are sound, they will ketchup. this move is going higher than most think possible, except for jimmy sitting @1650, and i think his estimate is too low. but consider that he made that call over 10years ago. a hat tip to you mr. sinclair.
weakness is a gift. the fed has your back , they are letting the inflation genie out of the bottle, w/the full faith and confidence they can stuff him back in.
i have my doubts. that piece that bernake wrote in the washington post(that i posted several posts ago) is telling you his thinking. flawed @best.
last time around the ags did well , gold did better. i dont want to spread myself around . i can do one thing really well, and exhibit expertise. more i spread myself too thin. i have 30-40 miners. diversification, while smoothing out the ups and downs is way overrated. i do this to make money. i sleep well @night no matter what! even in 2008 when behind the woodshed. why the hell do you have so many miners
i got burned last time w/strikes, mines flooding, management making poor decisions,govts extorting more money from the miners etc. so rather than take a large hit if one gets into trouble , its a small hit and my account recovers quickly. stay the course. this move will last into the strong part of the year-jan/feb.
dharma

Thanks, dharma

Know that I am in this game. Percentage wise I am holding the largest ever position in PM stocks while continually adding to the physical. It has been great and I too think Mr Sinclair could be conservative with a $1650 call. When I look at it I really can't see a ceiling until the Fed does an about face or the big D arrives. Blackhawk Ben appears to be staying the course and I will stay with him as well as the other central banks.

Looking to add a couple more small miners to my holdings..........MNEAF, ESPZF, and EXK. Perhaps more.

Off topic, but, I think coal is a good long term play here in energy. I believe 50% of electricity in the US is generated from coal burning plants. HW comes to mind.

Best to you. :)

johngeroge:

Check out Markwest Energy Partners (MWE) - I've owned this since the IPO in 2002 and just added a couple weeks back - nice yield as well.

http://stockcharts.c...13881&r=148.png

http://stockcharts.c...13915&r=839.png

stubaby

#98 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

dharma

dharma:

I agree with your strategy - unfortunately for me I am managing assets for clients, as well as, myself and have to manage risk - I know I give up some of the top by doing this, but with 40-60% miners and 20% Gold/Silver (Miners at 48% level today and growing), it's still the primary horse pulling ahead. I too hold 25-35 positions for diversification.

stubaby

#99 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

armstrong had a call out for November gold high leading to a 6 month pull back Hadik has a cycle gold high due nov12 anyone think we could have a blow off top in next week?

#100 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

Check out Markwest Energy Partners (MWE) - I've owned this since the IPO in 2002 and just added a couple weeks back - nice yield as well.

Thank you stubaby. :flowers: Much appreciated.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge