the trend is your friend 2

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#71 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

I am looking for a short term (52 hour) cycle to bottom around 2:00-3:00 et today. Looking to nibbiling at more gold and silver contracts and buy gdx for an overnight trade.

#72 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

i had scrmf a gyana play anda russian company them out. it was 3x almost, but i thought they would be worth more. \ my point of bringing this up is gyana is a viable area for gold mining. and worth looking @ dharma

#73 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

i do my own work i follow no one. silver is more speculative, when it leads that is what the market is telling you . cbs are the largest holders of gold. who is the largest holders of silver??? the july lows brought on a steep ascent. time ran out and the correction is in progress, so far it looks like a flat. so , it would not surprise me to see the lows tested again. i am feeling that by the 17th and 18th this correction will end, which would give a fairly normal correction , in terms of time. this move to 1359 is a Band C is yet to unfold, or there could be more left to B. and then C. if that plays out, i have ammo left and i will put it all in silver miners. but, the set up is for a near vertical move going into 11is in place . the bull is progressing in its unfoldment. and this rocket ride will mark the end of phase 2. any stock ideas are welcome, i do my own dd thanks dharma

#74 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

i do my own work
i follow no one.
silver is more speculative, when it leads that is what the market is telling you . cbs are the largest holders of gold. who is the largest holders of silver???
the july lows brought on a steep ascent. time ran out and the correction is in progress, so far it looks like a flat. so , it would not surprise me to see the lows tested again. i am feeling that by the 17th and 18th this correction will end, which would give a fairly normal correction , in terms of time. this move to 1359 is a Band C is yet to unfold, or there could be more left to B. and then C. if that plays out, i have ammo left and i will put it all in silver miners. but, the set up is for a near vertical move going into 11is in place . the bull is progressing in its unfoldment. and this rocket ride will mark the end of phase 2. any stock ideas are welcome, i do my own dd
thanks
dharma

I too dont "follow" people as far as what i ultimately will do..one always have to do their own due diligence because no one is 100% right all the time...managing risk is my first priorty.....I give respect to those who have good track records and like to see if it matches what I think and observe..but ultimately it is my decision based on what I see and feel.....I think you will be right regarding a blast off soon based on the macd's that are close to crossing over..especially in the gdx, $xau, $hui and slv...I do have the turn dates of Merriman Nov 17-18 which is the Venus direct..but if those macd's do cross up soon and we are going up into it..then we should reverse from a short term top and vice versa if we are going down into it...I know it make sense for us to have a low because we had a top around the period of Venus retro...but who knows..maybe she's finicky by then... :D

I've been accumulating HL..Hecla Mining..it's been range bound for a couple of weeks since the top..a strong support at $6.60 but now trying to poke over that $7 area again...if it closes over around $7.05..I think it will take off..but for now..$7 is holding it back..it just had earnings too..which were good fwiw...any opinions on it are welcomed too

TM

#75 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:29 AM

The violation of $1333 bugs me, but, I find that Fed days are always volatile for gold. It's not uncommon for many stops to be broken on the upside or downside (particularly the latter) and then for a late day reversal to occur. So, be careful out there. I think a close below $1315 is needed to significantly favor a multi-week correction being still in the cards. Otherwise, this is just filling action, in my opinion.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#76 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

ok so plan B seems to be unfolding. i will put the rest of my cash to work on oversold and diverging on the hourly charts. xau/hui/gld. i have stated for years that i didnt think silver would take out the 80 highs. well if someone can post , stubaby anyone, a long term chart of silver going back to 1980 . the large, very large cup is apparent. i now think this will make new highs. the 17-18th are turn dates for me , not only from merriman, but also fibonocci dates. dont know how this all shakes out in the short term , i am looking for a significant move to the upside. i am guessing that the 1315 gets taken out. wouldnt that scare some newbies. in this market , until we go into the parabolic, chasing price guarantees you some hard knocks. dharma now i realize this is along time ago, but i had hl last time around and the management fumbled time and time again that and cde left a bad taste in my mouth do your own dd: exk, fvitf, frmsf, svm, slw, isvlf off the top of my head.

#77 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

profit taking in the broads
http://finviz.com/insidertrading.ashx

aly, since the move to 1364 did not make new highs , this could all be part of the correction w/1316 being A , Bto 1364 , and now C. we are entering the seasonally strong period. so the correction is welcome. i am a buyer wherever this thing bottoms
dharma

#78 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

gonna ride w/what i got for now. dharma

#79 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

ok so plan B seems to be unfolding. i will put the rest of my cash to work on oversold and diverging on the hourly charts. xau/hui/gld.
i have stated for years that i didnt think silver would take out the 80 highs. well if someone can post , stubaby anyone, a long term chart of silver going back to 1980 . the large, very large cup is apparent. i now think this will make new highs.
the 17-18th are turn dates for me , not only from merriman, but also fibonocci dates. dont know how this all shakes out in the short term , i am looking for a significant move to the upside. i am guessing that the 1315 gets taken out. wouldnt that scare some newbies. in this market , until we go into the parabolic, chasing price guarantees you some hard knocks.
dharma
now i realize this is along time ago, but i had hl last time around and the management fumbled time and time again that and cde left a bad taste in my mouth
do your own dd: exk, fvitf, frmsf, svm, slw, isvlf off the top of my head.

FWIW I just noticed on the SLV..it had the highest volume day since it started in 2006..with more sellers than buyers...i'm afraid i can't post the chart because I dont know how but this could be a sign of weakness to come for silver..maybe Merriman's 111 week cycle low is coming up sooner than later..as Ken points out anytime from now till June..
TM

#80 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

silver new highs , gold not slv new highs, gld not gdxj new highs, gdx/hui/xau not so this picture is saying the most speculative sectors of this complex are frothy. the rest not so much i am watching and waiting. go ahead venture a guess. ok we correct in here till mid month or so. then blast off . buy the cats and dogs here and watch them run that game will end shortly dharma