gold/silver

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:01 PM

well its monday monday. and i have the 8-9th highlighted this week both from an astro and from a fib point of view.it could be an acceleration or a short term top. this harmonic will run through the seasonally strong period.
shorting bulls is the quickest way to the traders graveyard. aka the breadline. in my studies, i have noted that in bull markets oscillators get one out way too early. divergences occur only to be taken out by another surge in the market. i use the oscillators for buys only in bull markets. i am in hold mode.
we have had a good run, but quite frankly i think this leg has alot more to go. as for the dollar right here. i have no idea what it does, ultimately, it goes to about .5 . i am on the opposite side of prechter, who ultimately will be right on his depression call, but in the interim he has been wrong on everything for decades.
the broads are @an interesting juncture -pressing the highs. ultimately the inflationary pressures take the broads higher. my money will not be participating one way or the other. the broads are in a range and that is where traders get chopped to ribbons. i want to buy something out of favor and wait.
so, for now i am riding the golden bull. and yes $35-40 silver on this leg is a real possibility.
dharma

What comes to my mind is that old commercial in the 80s where Brook Shields said "nothing comes between me and my Calvin Kleins"...that's how i feel right now for metals and miners...even if we do pullback for a week...that's a gift!.....after seeing Bernanke's quivering lip yesterday on 60 minutes...he knows he's BSing...and for him to have to go on that program to "defend" himself tells me he has less confidence in his actions than he comes across...and there is some scary ******** coming our way in 2011.... But what I really see is that $hui/gld ratio penetrating through the 50ema today...all we need is that RSI to start moving stronger...and it will
..so Dharma, you're guidance has been appreciated.....maybe we do a short term top...but that just means one more opportunity for the big explosion early next year imo.

Thanks again Dharma for your wisdom and sharing

TM

Also, we have Mercury going retro on Dec 10th till the 30th...typically you get a reversal in the beginning of a Mercury Retrograde...Merriman's turn dates are plus/minus 3 but who knows if it is just wild swings ..and then TA goes into bizarro world...for that period..in otherwords, you can't trust ta buy/sell signals during a Mercury Retrograde.

TM

#32 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

"Thanks again Dharma for your wisdom and sharing

TM"

dharma

Let me second that. I can't tell you the number of times your posting has kept me in this bull market as well as adding big bucks to my account. My most heartfelt thanks. :) :flowers:

Silver just went through $30 on the spot. $35 clearly appears doable soon while gold spot now @ $1418. $1425 should be a given.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#33 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

good job jg. dharma

#34 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

yesterdays doji has led to todays correction. make no mistake about it the crises is accelerating. this will be a quick pause that refreshes. in parabolic moves, pauses are quick, short , and sharp. things happen more quickly. take a look @the move from the july lows. there have been many corrections of varying degrees and none were long drawn out affairs. by the 9th this should be over is my guess. shorting the strongest market is not the road to riches. 1 you place yourself in front of the train 2 you miss opportunities to buy weakness w/your mind in another direction i think the big winners on the next leg will be the miners. their costs are fixed. rising gold/silver prices raise their bottom line. my targets have been stated , and nero fiddles. pauses refresh , they are needed and natural. i am moving into some explorers . takuf looks to me to be building a base. so i put some money into play there. obviously some of these speculative issues will not work out, but those that do will be quite rewarding. this bull has been good to me and i am just venturing into the speculative end w/small money. for my money, i want to keep speculations small. have 8-10 in the hopes that a few will work out dharma

Edited by dharma, 07 December 2010 - 10:47 AM.

#35 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

i keep forgetting to mention that a 15 week cycle low is due this week. dharma

#36 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

there is some really long cycle high today: the 29,??? day cycle from the 1930 high

#37 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

Correction in PM's starting with a vengeance today. Great call dharma,TM and Ken. Weak hands being shaken out with the increasing volatility. As I see it nothing has changed overall regards the funnymentals; Fed and CB's still printing, budget deficits skyrocketing, China buying more gold, as well as copper now trading over $4 a lb. Looking to buy some physical silver in here. Good trading to all.
Peace
johngeorge

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

talk about volatility! 1426 yesterday 1370 today. this is the kind of action i am expecting on this wave. not for the faint of heart. from here on out on this wave , i expect this kind of volatility to continue. as jg points out nothing has changed. what has changed is weak hands came in and are promptly being shown the woodshed. 1375 and 1358 are support . the 1341 breaks into the previous price cycle. 1 maybe 2 days more and this will be over. i am looking for around 556 hui i will be adding dharma

Edited by dharma, 08 December 2010 - 10:50 AM.

#39 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

talk about volatility! 1426 yesterday 1370 today. this is the kind of action i am expecting on this wave. not for the faint of heart. from here on out on this wave , i expect this kind of volatility to continue. as jg points out nothing has changed. what has changed is weak hands came in and are promptly being shown the woodshed. 1375 and 1358 are support . the 1341 breaks into the previous price cycle. 1 maybe 2 days more and this will be over. i am looking for around 556 hui
i will be adding
dharma

Turn dates were spot on...and now we are entering Mercury Retro Friday..typically a move into MR is a reversal...Below is Merriman for 11/29...this lines up with ending the 10th for these wild swings.

Mars in Sagittarius is not the only factor coinciding with sharp price movements in financial markets and tensions in world relations. Mars in Sagittarius is also on the verge of translating, by square aspect, the Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in Pisces, November 29-December 3. Two days later, on December 5, Uranus goes stationary direct. This has the potential for even larger price swings in financial markets than witnessed the last couple of weeks. In the study of Financial Astrology, “big ranges” are the order of the day when Mars, Jupiter, and Uranus are highlighted at the same time. And that is exactly what we are facing in the next 10 days.
http://www.mmacycles...ember-29,-2010/

No matter whether this happens now or after next week options expiration..there's a strong underlying bid for gold/silver/miners..we are in that tax selling period ..till about the 3rd week of Dec...

Thanks for your thoughts

TM

#40 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

talk about volatility! 1426 yesterday 1370 today. this is the kind of action i am expecting on this wave. not for the faint of heart. from here on out on this wave , i expect this kind of volatility to continue. as jg points out nothing has changed. what has changed is weak hands came in and are promptly being shown the woodshed. 1375 and 1358 are support . the 1341 breaks into the previous price cycle. 1 maybe 2 days more and this will be over. i am looking for around 556 hui
i will be adding
dharma

Turn dates were spot on...and now we are entering Mercury Retro Friday..typically a move into MR is a reversal...Below is Merriman for 11/29...this lines up with ending the 10th for these wild swings.

Mars in Sagittarius is not the only factor coinciding with sharp price movements in financial markets and tensions in world relations. Mars in Sagittarius is also on the verge of translating, by square aspect, the Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in Pisces, November 29-December 3. Two days later, on December 5, Uranus goes stationary direct. This has the potential for even larger price swings in financial markets than witnessed the last couple of weeks. In the study of Financial Astrology, “big ranges” are the order of the day when Mars, Jupiter, and Uranus are highlighted at the same time. And that is exactly what we are facing in the next 10 days.
http://www.mmacycles...ember-29,-2010/

No matter whether this happens now or after next week options expiration..there's a strong underlying bid for gold/silver/miners..we are in that tax selling period ..till about the 3rd week of Dec...

Thanks for your thoughts

TM

i agree w/everything except the tax selling. wealth will be seen in terms of ounces owned not dollars held. of course that is a little down the road.

trying my buying hat on for the next leg
martin armstrong
http://www.martinarm...011-27-2010.pdf