SPX TOP CALLING

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

"Working with several retired engineers from the long range interstellar flight guidance division and an incredibly large array of supercomputers, I was able to construct a top tier delimited Index curve for the S & P 500. Applying data going back over 86 years, and using fast fourier transfomations with multi regression analysis, the final output had a statistical coefficient that was nearly perfect at 0.96! The analysis included double cross-over feedback loops as originally used by Bradley and rapid back and forth induction logic as originally reported by Stanley in 2007. The results were tested against Fib extensions using flip flop iterations with perfect agreement. Further evaluations applying proprietary Silent wave analysis using some of the basic and early constructs from Hurst added additional validity and the agreement was spooky. Reciprocating OEX/IYB mirror divisions laid to rest any questions as to the validity of the construct. Finally we crosschecked the analysis using Bare-Bate's Semi-automatic Gann projections which added further confirmations especially when 1:3 Rodger echo techniques were constructed. Finally, since stockcharts doesn't allow for curvilinear annotations, I had to go into the code to apply Z modifications to allow applications of this sort to be used. This information and chart is highly classified but unfortunately due to a leak, further containment will fail. I'll post this information here as after tomorrow's price action, this chart will no doubt go viral."

Posted Image

A nice curved trendline, which is more objective than various straight trendlines that tend to be subjective depending on how the peaks or bottoms are chosen. BTW: would you mind to post here the function for this curve?

No problem Red but first, do you access to an incredibly large array of supercomputers?

No, I don't have an access to a real supercomputer. However, it looks that the curve represents a non-linear regression function, e.g. y = a[x + b] [x+b] + c. I was thinking if you had this function you could just plug in the parameters and obtain future y values (index prices). That said, as long as one already had this regression function built, there is no need for accessing a supercomputer.

Edited by redfoliage2, 09 January 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#32 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

Great Post Doc. And it produced a whole lot of echoes. :o I will take an absolute stand right here, right now.... and predict that the market will definately decline either from right here or from some higher point. :lol: Happy New Year, D

Edited by IYB, 09 January 2011 - 10:06 PM.

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#33 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

Thanks and you too, D.

#34 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

Great Post Doc. And it produced a whole lot of echoes. :o

I will take an absolute stand right here, right now.... and predict that the market will definately decline either from right here or from some higher point. :lol:

Happy New Year, D

Looks to me that the curve returns to earth on July 8 2013 :-)

Of course I'm not biased.

Would that make the top of the curve around May this year.

Like PQ Wall's theory? You might like this.

http://www.safehaven...e-forecast-2011

#35 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

Red, just joking about the supercomputers, don't need no stinkin array or cloud. You can draw a similar line yourself on stockcharts with the annotation features already present. Just take a footnote from the age old childhood puzzle: If you have nine dots arranged in a 3 x 3 array, how can you connect them all using just 4 straight lines without lifting your pencil off the paper?

. . .
. . .
. . .

Great puzzle for children and adults alike of any age. Teaches one to expand his/her thinking.
Doc

#36 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

Voltaire, First we have to get past 12-12-12 and the end of the Mayan calendar, lol.

#37 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

Echo, is this the answer? Do not look at the link if you want to think about the above question yourself. :)

For the cloud and all of that, it really depends on your trading volume (whether you are doing arb in between SPX and its components or correlating other markets), the data redundancy desired --in which case you would at least need a raid arrays, and how fail-safe you want to be --which would require at least 2 computers and 2 raid arrays, whether you want to synchronize and back them up --now you would also need a nameserver/controller type of host at least as well... All of a sudden you need about 3 computers, 2 arrays and a backup device, possibly 4 harddisks, only to trade SPX, of course we are talking about a professional setup... If you can basically call the day whenever your computer or hard disk fail, you don't need anything, you just need a day job or a fat bank account! :lol:

However, to draw the curve you did, you just need a little imagination... ;)

#38 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:01 AM

Arb, BINGO! Nice job. Happy New Year by the way. Always enjoy your posts and thanks for sharing your work. Doc

#39 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:02 AM

Voltaire, First we have to get past 12-12-12 and the end of the Mayan calendar, lol.

Sorry that should have been 12-21-2012

#40 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

"Working with several retired engineers from the long range interstellar flight guidance division and an incredibly large array of supercomputers, I was able to construct a top tier delimited Index curve for the S & P 500. Applying data going back over 86 years, and using fast fourier transfomations with multi regression analysis, the final output had a statistical coefficient that was nearly perfect at 0.96! The analysis included double cross-over feedback loops as originally used by Bradley and rapid back and forth induction logic as originally reported by Stanley in 2007. The results were tested against Fib extensions using flip flop iterations with perfect agreement. Further evaluations applying proprietary Silent wave analysis using some of the basic and early constructs from Hurst added additional validity and the agreement was spooky. Reciprocating OEX/IYB mirror divisions laid to rest any questions as to the validity of the construct. Finally we crosschecked the analysis using Bare-Bate's Semi-automatic Gann projections which added further confirmations especially when 1:3 Rodger echo techniques were constructed. Finally, since stockcharts doesn't allow for curvilinear annotations, I had to go into the code to apply Z modifications to allow applications of this sort to be used. This information and chart is highly classified but unfortunately due to a leak, further containment will fail. I'll post this information here as after tomorrow's price action, this chart will no doubt go viral."

Posted Image

Top calling is the most difficult thing to do yet everyone seems determined to do it, week in week out to the price to the point! Its truly unbelievable from where I am looking at things.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.