• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#141 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

muy poor trading in miners, Senor leaving alone NO BS Senor

Edited by senorBS, 31 January 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#142 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

IMHO: If the bottom isn't already in, look for the bottom to come at $1265-1290. Otherwise, this is just basing action and a move above $1352-54 would confirm that. Regardless of how you look at it, if you're expecting $1600+ later this year like I am, then whether the bottom comes at $1265 (my worst case scenario target) or $1310 (last week's low) doesn't make a whole lot of difference.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#143 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

IMHO:

If the bottom isn't already in, look for the bottom to come at $1265-1290.

Otherwise, this is just basing action and a move above $1352-54 would confirm that.

Regardless of how you look at it, if you're expecting $1600+ later this year like I am, then whether the bottom comes at $1265 (my worst case scenario target) or $1310 (last week's low) doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Senor is not "expecting" 1600 but of course it could happen, Senor thinks sub 1100 and to 1000 is more possible than most believe, so it does make a difference. Senor is not betting either way, being careful.

BSing away

Senor

#144 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

over the last 100 years the dollar has lost 98% of its pp. the dollar is valued against other currencies. which are also fiat. yesterday for example food stuffs, oil, and uranium went up against the dollar. having dollars is not playing it safe, its a hidden losing proposition. food and energy are not part of the cpi, so there is no inflation. none. i try to remember that cash is a losing proposition. the fed wants a little inflation, good luck w/that. no nation has ever been successful @having a little inflation. along those lines no sovereigns have ever paid off their debts. they have reneged or inflated the debt away. no fiat in recorded history has ever survived. they are not designed to, they are paper promises made by lying politicians. we are in a bottoming process, i have no idea how long this phase lasts. when i think it ended or ends, i will start a new thread. until then this is all part of the process. revolutions are going to be part of what happens in the world. we are in a period of change. and we are experiencing the tip of the ice berg. on the hourly charts i would like to see some closes above the 65 and 89hour ma on the xau/gld/hui to indicate something is happening. i have and am presently thinking that we bottom here , get above 1700 and then have a correction below 1100. gold has a 12.5 month cycle the low is due the 1st week of this month, and that is i believe what we are experiencing. dharma

#145 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

over the last 100 years the dollar has lost 98% of its pp. the dollar is valued against other currencies. which are also fiat. yesterday for example food stuffs, oil, and uranium went up against the dollar. having dollars is not playing it safe, its a hidden losing proposition. food and energy are not part of the cpi, so there is no inflation. none. i try to remember that cash is a losing proposition. the fed wants a little inflation, good luck w/that. no nation has ever been successful @having a little inflation. along those lines no sovereigns have ever paid off their debts. they have reneged or inflated the debt away. no fiat in recorded history has ever survived. they are not designed to, they are paper promises made by lying politicians.
we are in a bottoming process, i have no idea how long this phase lasts. when i think it ended or ends, i will start a new thread. until then this is all part of the process. revolutions are going to be part of what happens in the world. we are in a period of change. and we are experiencing the tip of the ice berg.
on the hourly charts i would like to see some closes above the 65 and 89hour ma on the xau/gld/hui to indicate something is happening. i have and am presently thinking that we bottom here , get above 1700 and then have a correction below 1100. gold has a 12.5 month cycle the low is due the 1st week of this month, and that is i believe what we are experiencing.
dharma

dharma

Thank you for your thoughts and analysis, it's always appreciated. :)

Been watching the HUI on my daily chart and it keeps moving up , presently at 514, ever so slowly above the 200 ma (497). No buy signal yet for me, but, MACDhist moving into positive territory with the rsi9 also rising. However, I still show momentum as negative. A daily close below the 200 ma would alarm me. I continue to agree with your bottoming scenario and looking for a move higher early this month in metals and PM stocks. Holding :ninja:

Best to you.

Edited by johngeorge, 01 February 2011 - 12:16 PM.

Peace
johngeorge

#146 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:29 PM

over the last 100 years the dollar has lost 98% of its pp. the dollar is valued against other currencies. which are also fiat. yesterday for example food stuffs, oil, and uranium went up against the dollar. having dollars is not playing it safe, its a hidden losing proposition. food and energy are not part of the cpi, so there is no inflation. none. i try to remember that cash is a losing proposition. the fed wants a little inflation, good luck w/that. no nation has ever been successful @having a little inflation. along those lines no sovereigns have ever paid off their debts. they have reneged or inflated the debt away. no fiat in recorded history has ever survived. they are not designed to, they are paper promises made by lying politicians.
we are in a bottoming process, i have no idea how long this phase lasts. when i think it ended or ends, i will start a new thread. until then this is all part of the process. revolutions are going to be part of what happens in the world. we are in a period of change. and we are experiencing the tip of the ice berg.
on the hourly charts i would like to see some closes above the 65 and 89hour ma on the xau/gld/hui to indicate something is happening. i have and am presently thinking that we bottom here , get above 1700 and then have a correction below 1100. gold has a 12.5 month cycle the low is due the 1st week of this month, and that is i believe what we are experiencing.
dharma

dharma

Thank you for your thoughts and analysis, it's always appreciated. :)

Been watching the HUI on my daily chart and it keeps moving up , presently at 514, ever so slowly above the 200 ma (497). No buy signal yet for me, but, MACDhist moving into positive territory with the rsi9 also rising. However, I still show momentum as negative. A daily close below the 200 ma would alarm me. I continue to agree with your bottoming scenario and looking for a move higher early this month in metals and PM stocks. Holding :ninja:

Best to you.

Observations

• US Dollar is weak - could go into a mini-panic sell-off at anytime!
  • Broad market is setting-up many divergences here and is topping for a 7-10% correction
  • Gold still needs to recapture 1,358 this week to indicate a bottom is "in"

The rubber bands are stretched tight - all in different directions - it won't be pretty once the 'snap-back' begins!

stubaby :blink: :cry2: :swoon:

#147 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

observations: will mubarak be another shah of iran for the usa? why is brent 101 and wti 91 they are both sweet crude?brent is either overvalued or wti is undervalued! getting some mojo. \ miners clearing their 65 and 89 hour ma. want to see that for several hours. 1358 breaks into the next price cycle want to see 2 closes above that resistance @1350 dharma

#148 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

Head of the Bank of England tells it like it is!

On Mervyn King's Apology That Central Banks Are Destroying The Middle Class' Standard Of Living
Peace
johngeorge

#149 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Senor has been doing a lot of ratio work today, when gold is compared to oil and copper Senor thinks they will grande outperform gold in the months ahead. My 2 centavos NO BS Senor

#150 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:06 AM

so snor what you like inth ecopper /oil feilds? seems to me we could gap up in GDXJ