bottoming

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#161 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

Lots of Miners now on "daily" buy sigals, with the "weekly" still bottoming. Looking better everyday! stubaby

#162 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

Lots of Miners now on "daily" buy sigals, with the "weekly" still bottoming. Looking better everyday!

stubaby

stubaby

To go along with that I got a buy signal on my daily HUI chart today with a 5/8 ema and full stochastics crossover. Weak signal, though, as no follow through on rsi9 or momentum. Still in watchful waiting mode......keeping an eye on the 200 day HUI sma now @ 497. :ninja: Would like to see a close above 520 as I believe SenorBS suggested recently, however, 530 would be more to my liking. :rolleyes: $GDM daily chart starting to look favorable here as well. Will see.

Best to you.

PS News from KWN: Chinese Gold Demand Stuns London & Hong Kong Traders

Edited by johngeorge, 03 February 2011 - 12:45 AM.

Peace
johngeorge

#163 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

here we are another day and another testing of 1325, the market doesnt feel ready for the upside. it opens up and sells off immediately. on my daily charts i keep fib retracement as well as fib arcs. the arcs are presenting an interesting picture. xau/hui/gdx have all retraced either .382 or .5 and market is hugging the arcs. the battle rages on as some miners are displaying constructive bottoming patterns, as stubaby also points out frg taken out by nem. encouraging as i suspect the feeding frenzy to begin @some point bottoming is a process. we are entering into a period of constructive astros for the gold market dharma woke up to -11 kitchen pipes are frozen , i could be in for some major household problems!

#164 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

here we are another day and another testing of 1325, the market doesnt feel ready for the upside. it opens up and sells off immediately.
on my daily charts i keep fib retracement as well as fib arcs. the arcs are presenting an interesting picture. xau/hui/gdx have all retraced either .382 or .5 and market is hugging the arcs.
the battle rages on as some miners are displaying constructive bottoming patterns, as stubaby also points out
frg taken out by nem. encouraging as i suspect the feeding frenzy to begin @some point
bottoming is a process.
we are entering into a period of constructive astros for the gold market
dharma
woke up to -11 kitchen pipes are frozen , i could be in for some major household problems!

what i forgot to mention about the arcs is , @some point they got vertical
dharma

#165 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

here we are another day and another testing of 1325, the market doesnt feel ready for the upside. it opens up and sells off immediately.
on my daily charts i keep fib retracement as well as fib arcs. the arcs are presenting an interesting picture. xau/hui/gdx have all retraced either .382 or .5 and market is hugging the arcs.
the battle rages on as some miners are displaying constructive bottoming patterns, as stubaby also points out
frg taken out by nem. encouraging as i suspect the feeding frenzy to begin @some point
bottoming is a process.
we are entering into a period of constructive astros for the gold market
dharma
woke up to -11 kitchen pipes are frozen , i could be in for some major household problems!

what i forgot to mention about the arcs is , @some point they got vertical
dharma

dharma:

"Beachball" appears to have had enough and has begun it's reversal - moving back towards the surface!

stubaby

PS Sorry about your pipes - should have left your faucets running very slowly overnight (sort-of hindsight information)

#166 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

yes, it would have been a good idea!

As World Becomes Zimbabwefied, Cotton Futures Surge 17% In One Month
Corn spot up 7.76%, wheat up 5.63%, Rice up 10.08%, Hogs up 10.16%, Sugar up 5.64%, Orange Juice up 3.33%, and cotton.... up 17.08%. That's in one month!
http://www.zerohedge...ge-17-one-month

Authoritarian governments start stockpiling food to fight public anger
http://www.telegraph...blic-anger.html

marc faber!
http://www.zerohedge...n-will-fall-nex

dharma

#167 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,056 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

houston, we have liftoff

#168 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

With todays move above last week high of 1253 (not updated in chart).
We now have a weekly swing low on Week 27.
This was an abnormaly stretched cycle...

Posted Image

#169 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,056 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

beautiful h&s bottom on gold hourly if it pans out (fail ratio on these seems high) targets 1390 area

#170 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,056 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:31 AM

GDXJ hourly:strong chance remains that today was the local high
we made a perfect retrace fibo wise of the down move
http://stockcharts.c...amp;a=219890559