Groupon, zynga, Dang, facebook etc

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

Except in the last 1 month, I have read and seen on TV many pundits are comparing the tech bubble with the current market saying this is 2000 again. Current valuations are nowhere near the tech bubble. This is hardly a bubble. Compare that then "the internet" was to be the next universe vs now the "mobile space" will be the next universe calls. Is the mobile space the next bubble? Why not participate in it? Then, INTC, CSCO, PCLN, PALM etc had market caps to the tune of $500 billion. Do you see any such bubbles happening now? I don't see any absurd valuations. You might grumble at NFLX, CMG, MCP, CRM etc for their valuation now but they are micro caps now compared to the tech stocks in 2000. Seriously, these valuations are nothing and not at a bubble stage. Not even foam and frothy yet. I am yet to see the "herd" behavior. We will see the beginning of fierce rally only when the "herd" starts joining the market. At the top of the market, many big and small investors cursed themselves for not being in the bubble. Those few who threw chump change saw it convert into 100s within few months. Those who could sell part of their investment near or top of the bubble became ultra rich. In wise words, the smart money became rich. Similarly, the commodity stocks soared till June 2008 from 2006 even as the market started going down. Being in the right bubble at the right time serves it right. Only those who went full in at the top of the rally in 2000 were broke. Only pigs who didn't use stops and take profits got slaughtered. The game is dangerous but what do you lose by throwing 1% or less at the fire. Reward outweighs risk. Top callers haven't participated in the rally for the last 120 points since 1225 in the name of the top. My question is: Do we have the 1999-2000 type of rally ahead of us? Can we make some serious cash out of loose change? Buy some options? With facebook, zynga, Groupon still waiting to issue IPOS, it seems the best times are ahead of us. What is your take? In case you are wondering, the Wall St. is capable of blowing another bubble for the umpteenth time. ;)
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.