• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

I can' t explain to you anything

Most likely because you don't understand plate tectonics. <_<

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

I can' t explain to you anything

Most likely because you don't understand plate tectonics. <_<
Fib

most likely because I know the matter better than you

If you write that plates move .................you have understood nothing. You just need to consider that at the origin of an earthquake there's the fact that along the fractures on the earth's solid crust there's fluid material from the inner part of the earth that comes to the surface and solid material of the crust that is pushed to the inner fluid part of the earth. It's the way the earth has got to continually change its solid crust substituting it with its inner fluid part that becomes solid once taken to the surface. Plates don' t move (in a limited horizon of time) as the fracture lines are always where they are.

Edited by andr99, 11 April 2011 - 11:18 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:14 AM

most likely because I know the matter better than you

Unlikely, but if it makes you feel any better, I will yield to your expertise.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

For everyone else, I just found this tutorial which might something of interest...it really is a fascinating subject.

The first map shows the meeting of the North American and Pacific plates where the initial shock took place for greater clarity.

Fib

Plate Tectonics

#15 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

For everyone else, I just found this tutorial which might something of interest...it really is a fascinating subject.

The first map shows the meeting of the North American and Pacific plates where the initial shock took place for greater clarity.

Fib

Plate Tectonics

''conveyor belt'' principle................what I was trying to explain to you. In a limited horizon of time, plates don' t move as the fractures lines over the earth's surface don' t change. But over a billion years obviously even the fractures lines on the earth's crust, change their position. Anyway the ''conveyor belt principle'' is the key to understand earthquakes which are due to the fact the subductions between one plate and another one bordering with it are marked by quick movements prepared by long times of calm needed to charge the following movement and accumulating potential energy that the move will transform in kinetic energy

hey fib...............send me 100 usd for the lesson please

Edited by andr99, 11 April 2011 - 12:04 PM.

#16 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

plates don' t move

Yes, they do...read the article.

And in the future, you can explain things in Italian if it makes you feel more comfortable as there are so many translators on the web one can use.

Fib

Posted Image

#17 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

send me 100 usd for the lesson please

As you like to quip, our money is useless, so the lesson would probably be just as useful.

Fib

#18 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

plates don' t move

Yes, they do...read the article.

And in the future, you can explain things in Italian if it makes you feel more comfortable as there are so many translators on the web one can use.

Fib

Posted Image

You have understood nothing as usual. The fact that a country moves doesn' t mean that the plate to which it belongs moves as well. It's the ''conveyor belt principle''. The plate is the belt, the country moving, is what is placed on the belt. DO YOU UNDERSTAND MR FIB ? BUT..........over billions of years the plates change because anything changes on Earth. I don' t need wikipedia to learn this because I have arrived at it with my imagination, my knowledge and my mind. But if you like I can teach to you any movement of the earth, movements that you don' t even suspect like the precession of the earth's rotation axis. Just a last thing.................don' t be impressed if the earth's rotation axis has changed position by one tenth of a millimeter...............the move of internal maxes of the earth implicated in the earthquake and a principle of conservation of the rotational quantity of motion of the earth well explain the thing. ''rotational quantity of motion'' is more or less the literal translation from italian, so I don' t know if it is correct in english

Edited by andr99, 11 April 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#19 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

send me 100 usd for the lesson please

As you like to quip, our money is useless
Fib

I accept also australian dollars

#20 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

The fact that a country moves doesn't mean that the plate to which it belongs moves as well.

It wasn't that a country moved, it was a subduction fault where (in this case) the North American plate moved down and under the Pacfic Plate. This is one of the reasons why the tsunami was higher and able to penetrate miles inland as the topography lowered during the event, and why this stretching effect will have continued echos in and around the area until settled.

And your continued arrogance doesn't help the discussion. Maybe asking my credentials might of provided some enlightenment, but this has gone on far enough, and I'm done.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 11 April 2011 - 02:05 PM.