Helicopter Ben has little choice

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

My motto is to learn from actual history. History teaches is what actually worked and what did not.
Why repeat the same mistakes and suffer the same consequences by ignoring history?

Right now I am looking at which countries are doing OK. Where unemployment has actually shrunk
in the last 2 years while ours is stagnant. So I found this gem:

How Unemployment was defeated

The crux of what they did is they implemented a free market reform agenda called "Agenda 2010" which
included tax cuts, unemployment benefits cuts and less strict labor regulations. Are we heading in that
direction? Or we will choose to ignore ACTUAL history?

They have a big advantage we provide their defense spending. Imagine If we got rid of say 75% of it not zip like them we would be able to actually pay for things and not use the credit cards. What is "protecting" us is killing us. Same as all empires the military spending at the end brings them all down.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#32 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

They have a big advantage we provide their defense spending. Imagine If we got rid of say 75% of it not zip like them we would be able to actually pay for things and not use the credit cards. What is "protecting" us is killing us. Same as all empires the military spending at the end brings them all down.

I agree with you on military spending. But you still can't take away their results.
We also provide defense protection to many other European countries via NATO who have
not fared as well as Germany. Why ignore the unique path which Germany took?
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#33 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

I agree with you on military spending. But you still can't take away their results.
We also provide defense protection to many other European countries via NATO who have
not fared as well as Germany. Why ignore the unique path which Germany took?

Hey not saying no I am cool with it and like the idea. Just throw in a lot of military downsizing while we are at it because if we do not that remedy will be a tiny solution to a bigger problem.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#34 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

Absolutely agreed on military downsizing! We maintain hundreds of military bases around the world, which is fine if we had budget surpluses. We are spending money in Libya to protect oil supplies to Libya's biggest customer, China. And we are doing it with money borrowed from China! How dumb is that??
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#35 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

Absolutely agreed on military downsizing! We maintain hundreds of military bases around the world, which is fine if we had budget surpluses.

We are spending money in Libya to protect oil supplies to Libya's biggest customer, China. And we are doing it
with money borrowed from China! How dumb is that??

Just Nuts.

We really got to cut the D spending way way way back. Spend more on non maned things and downsize the rest.

#36 Om_Namah_Shivay

Om_Namah_Shivay

• Traders-Talk User
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

Looking at charts its becoming clear what the eventuality is.......a complete reset is in order....definitely in our life times....my guess is with the speed of speculation and comfort of dollar put (whichever way you go deflation or inflation), movements of capital is going to be rapid.......these times will be very very profitable for those who can see whats happening and how its going to end....just stay with the trend till euphoria (every1 has their own way of determining euphoria)......remember if this is the big reset the opposite swing has to be that severe as well what we have right now shud be nuthing compared to where we need to be before it feels the big reset..............lets say we are to make SP make a low of 300 , this needs to be about 90% drop from top to feel like big reset (past resets in bubbles)...which means in real terms SP can make highs of about 3000...in nominal terms make your guess....... as human beings we cant avoid cycles....greed for power and wealth is an inherent nature......it has and will lead to booms and busts........one cant do nothing to avoid it....its like in butterfly effect..........for me life is vignettes of experience for which wealth acts as facilitator where accumulation is not the purpose of life....
Know the DIFFERENCE between WINNING and WINNINGS; One is KARMA and One is EGO!!!

www.bubbleshort.blogspot.in My Blog with focus on markets and "Act" of trading

#37 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

A most enlightening "political" thread, one of which I saw nothing in the way of animosity or attack. Congratulations to all and thank you for the good read. Fib (to the moderators: see...it can be done!)

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#38 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

Any political discussion usually does when everyone involved essentially agrees with each other.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#39 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

Any political discussion usually does when everyone involved essentially agrees with each other.

So given that there have been many angry and bitter dissenters in the past who have provided their take in threads like this one, I guess one can say that now-a-days we're pretty much all have the same concerns and antidotes.

The difference then is whether these concerns, which have been building and building for many decades, really mean anything now (and take away money making opportunities with it), or will they matter later when all of this historic liquidity is taken away to expose this soft (and ruptured) underbelly?

Like the subject matter at hand, choices are never easy.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#40 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

So given that there have been many angry and bitter dissenters in the past who have provided their take in threads like this one, I guess one can say that now-a-days we're pretty much all have the same concerns and antidotes.

One could say that. It's not for me to say.

Edited by milbank, 15 April 2011 - 01:27 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe