Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

eric sprott on max keiser

dharma

#172 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

a close below 1470 -5 would not be a positive thinking of hedging with ZSL? HAH: only as a short if you could get any see it s perfrmance at this moment: down 7%

#173 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

From KWN May 12, 2011: Robin Griffiths of Cazenove

Silver Could Eclipse $450, Gold $12,000
Peace
johngeorge

#174 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

The Dollar Index made its first strong close above 50-day in a long time, today. Will gold see one last high in this rally off the Jan. lows, or has the correction already begun? The latter seems increasingly likely but I'm not so sure. I want to see gold fall below $1462 to have more confidence that gold won't make one last high here before re-testing its 200-day.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#175 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

From KWN May 12, 2011: Robin Griffiths of Cazenove

Silver Could Eclipse $450, Gold $12,000

si, and senor will find the fountain of youth and turn 25 tomorrow

Pure BS

Senor

#176 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

monday monday
a correction occurs and guys w/their imaginations running amok go into gear. last time the call for gold was 1k , those guys may be sitting w/their stash, 30years later. its interesting to read that stuff, but above all else watch and listen to the market. be aware, as was the case w/the nasdaq and every other parabolic in history. once it tops it aint coming back , maybe ever or @least in ones lifetime.
i dont think we are near the final top here. this may be a top , but not the final top. the whole debt crises needs to play out. they are still able to give creditors peanuts for their investments. of course since the debtors are in control, their costs of servicing the debt needs to be lower. so the facade continues.
all of this is not lost on the precious metals. rising interest rates are bullish for the metals. it is an admission by the powers that be that inflation is on the rise. it was not the risng interest rates that killed the gold and silver bulls in 80, it was the changing of the rules
this piece is from the 1980 playboy piece on the hunt bros. http://dailyreckonin...our-for-silver/
anyway here we are , i am still in the camp that says wave 4 here . i have been wrong before . we shall see. all bets are off if the 1460 gold is closed below. here and now the battle for 1500 continues.
what is interesting is, in the upper 40s silver was in a crazed frenzy and here we are @35 and it is leaper.
dharma

#177 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

monday monday
...this piece is from the 1980 playboy piece on the hunt bros. http://dailyreckonin...our-for-silver/
anyway here we are , i am still in the camp that says wave 4 here . i have been wrong before . we shall see. all bets are off if the 1460 gold is closed below. here and now the battle for 1500 continues.
what is interesting is, in the upper 40s silver was in a crazed frenzy and here we are @35 and it is leaper.
dharma

Thanks for this article. Very interesting -- particularly in regards to the same printing-press discussions and anti-government rants going on today:

A short synopsis of the story is that the Hunt brothers, and in particular, Nelson Bunker Hunt, bought so much silver in the mid to late �70s that they nearly cornered the market.

They bought 55 million ounces in late 1973 and early 1974 at around $3-$4 an ounce and sent 40 million ounces of it by chartered plane to Switzerland because they feared the US government would confiscate silver in the same way it had stolen gold from US citizens in the 1930s.

The rationale for their buying made perfect sense. Nixon had taken the dollar off the gold standard, so it was now a purely fiat currency. The Hunts feared that their wealth was going to be stolen by the printing presses and they wanted to protect their immense inheritance (their father made billions in oil).

And finally the rest of the story:

Nelson Bunker Hunt eventually went bankrupt in 1988.

I FOUGHT THE LAW

:D

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#178 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

Back to trading. Good to see my "rule of four" is still working in this sector. NEM, GDXJ, NUGT, AU down four days in a row Friday -- that's a buy signal for a scalp. That signal is 100 percent profitable in those stocks so far for the past year. Thought it might finally fall apart amid the dead silver parabolic carnage but it seems to still be sweeet!

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#179 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

"bottoming" action in HUI
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=30&yr=0&mn=1&dy=19&i=p53443400570&a=234147086&r=799.png

stubaby

#180 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

have a close listen to sam zell here
http://video.cnbc.co...ideo=3000021990

starting to look and feel alot like 06.
selling here is no way to get rich
many issues are @or near their 200dma
oversold in the miners and silver . gold has hardly corrected, maybe 7% to the lows @1462
will we just get an oversold bounce?
or will it be another leg?
is anyone out there
dharma
stubaby, i agree it is bottoming action