why is it that almost every trader here see a crash

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

To be sure, the heading on this thread is so goofy (note that there are 72% Bulls in the weekly poll!!), one can only reasonably assume that the post was made to troll or generate views only.

Of course it was.

I give professionals a great deal of leeway and protection here. I guess it grinds my heinie to have my good will abused with gamesmanship.

"Professional" what?

Oh wait you mean that $300 to for 10 minutes on the phone" thing? :lol:

Edited by milbank, 25 April 2011 - 09:00 AM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#12 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

Considering the prolificacy of posts, when would there be time to answer phones?

#13 big nick

big nick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

WT makes a worthwhile contribution to this board....nick, ;) he is needed as many others are.

"In fact, if you cut and paste something that disrespectful" in the future, I'm going to ban you. Read the darned polls. What the heck do you think we post them for?

<_< That is an awfully outrageous accusation. I read Wavetimer's statement as lighted hearted just to make a bullish point. There in fact was crash calls here. :angry:

I'm truly undecided as to whether I should apologize for my intemperate comments.

To be sure, the heading on this thread is so goofy (note that there are 72% Bulls in the weekly poll!!), one can only reasonably assume that the post was made to troll or generate views only.

I've been running this site for long enough to know when we're being gamed, and it sure looked like that.

Of course, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the post was simply posted without any regard whatsoever to the actual mood on the board, and was posted purely to advertise the services of the individual in question. In which case, it wasn't trolling, it was spamming.

The only other possible conclusion is that it was a bad attempt at humor. Occam's Razor, it would seem to me, would dictate one of the two former conclusions, NOT the latter.

I give professionals a great deal of leeway and protection here. I guess it grinds my heinie to have my good will abused with gamesmanship.

M

#14 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

"In fact, if you cut and paste something that disrespectful" in the future, I'm going to ban you. Read the darned polls. What the heck do you think we post them for?

<_< That is an awfully outrageous accusation. I read Wavetimer's statement as lighted hearted just to make a bullish point. There in fact was crash calls here. :angry:

I'm truly undecided as to whether I should apologize for my intemperate comments.

I've been running this site for long enough to know when we're being gamed, and it sure looked like that.

Of course, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the post was simply posted without any regard whatsoever to the actual mood on the board, and was posted purely to advertise the services of the individual in question. In which case, it wasn't trolling, it was spamming.

The only other possible conclusion is that it was a bad attempt at humor. Occam's Razor, it would seem to me, would dictate one of the two former conclusions, NOT the latter.

M

Just thought I'd mention that I think this board has mostly been bearish since the beginning of the bull market. In that, I think Wavetimer has an accurate heading. One can't read this board very long before he comes to the conclusion that there's a good deal of bearishness...and there have been many crash calls all along. Yes, it's true, the poll does not reflect that. To me that means either that bears aren't answering the poll (and I note it appears poll participation is down), or that the bulls are not posting on the board. Either way though, it looks to me like your observations about the purpose of Wavetimers post do not include the possibility that his perception about the board comes from reading it, as opposed to simply looking at the poll. I was actually surprised your post, I couldn't see where you were coming from. Just my 2cents.

IT

#15 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:14 AM

To me that means either that bears aren't answering the poll (and I note it appears poll participation is down), or that the bulls are not posting on the board.

No less people voting one way and actually trading differently.

I was actually surprised your post, I couldn't see where you were coming from.

Agreed...it was totally out of character.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#16 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Shut up with all this kind reasonableness! I'll take your comments under respectful advisement.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#17 Wavetimer

Wavetimer

wavetimer system

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

M

may I make a small thoght as to improve the survey I mean it may help . the the survey post the votes with the names of how one votes and thier positions . this way the poll show true reflection to one view . as you know almost 20 years back I was part of the dsi survey and I can say survey can be pushed to not view true trade . its just a thought and say it with respect MARK

#18 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

"why is it that almost every trader here see a crash" which would imply at least 51% of traders posting. Which is not supported statistically. That alone gives Mark's reasoning to be valid. I am surprised by anyone being surprised at Mark after a totally invalid comment. Do not care either way only in the validity of the argument.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#19 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

"why is it that almost every trader here see a crash" which would imply at least 51% of traders posting. Which is not supported statistically. That alone gives Mark's reasoning to be valid. I am surprised by anyone being surprised at Mark after a totally invalid comment.

Do not care either way only in the validity of the argument.

As usual, my brother-I'm with you. And, I might add, I've seen VERY few posts for a crash, in relation to the volume of posts on the board.

#20 CallMeIshmael

CallMeIshmael

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

WT makes a worthwhile contribution to this board....nick, ;) he is needed as many others are.

M

I got one of them Occam razors. It's got eight blades. What's next?