21 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

;)

http://stockcharts.c...8839&r=5298.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:51 AM

this might make things interesting -

http://www.zerohedge...ysical-starting
best,
klh

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Could it be the price of gold is going up because all of these miners have run out of gold to mine? ;)

http://stockcharts.c...2499&r=5850.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

so how are you trading this? THanks!

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

so how are you trading this? THanks!

Not trading gold. Missed the run and now the parabolic is too scary. Am watching for the blow-off to maybe get on the short side.

Do wander in and out of silver shorts every so often since it did blow off in Huntsville and is not wandering up on ever decreasing volume with volume spike on down days (suspect eventually that will take a toll big time). Besides, silver's stocks can't seem to go on the rising price of the metal either. What a nutty buggy world!

http://stockcharts.c...1680&r=7914.png

#6 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

got to be paired trade: long metal and short miners going on here

#7 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

got to be paired trade: long metal and short miners going on here

I think that's about to reverse :o

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

you think the metals will correct and the miners rise: could happen i guess

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

you think the metals will correct and the miners rise: could happen i guess

What are the odds? Million to one?

The price of gold is up 20 percent since last the major miners made highs. Is that strange or is everything the leprechaun whispers sure as $hit? Looking back at the downdraft in May, it looks more likely if the metals correct, the miners get CRUSHED!

#10 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

Well to put it in context, the miners have held up fairly well since all stocks have been pounded. Im surprised they have held up so well, so far. Sign of serious strength in my eyes. Their is a new sheriff in town, when this market bottoms and Mining stocks are high on my list to take front and center. When? I dont really care since I'm an investor. I just know that it WILL happen. Thats what I call keeping it simple. You may see miners drop soon, and that will be my sign that the market is almost finished going down. The turn would be near. That is just a hunch. Other than that, its sit tight and be right. Trend is your friend, blah blah blah.
If it can be cornered, it will.