diogenes: you sound pissed off

#12 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

diogenes: you sound pissed off

:D

Actually, I suspect as soon as the general market bounces (like tomorrow) gold and the miners are both going to get CRUSHED!

But it is a given that a parabolic move like this can go and go and go and go until it can't go no more....

Here's my favorite death of a parabolic (because I bought it the day before it died :lol: ):

http://stockcharts.c...8552&r=6261.png

P.S. I have this chart stored in my metals file to remind me what's coming... :o

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#13 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

you really did buy it? where did you sell it? what was the story there?

#14 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Bought MSTR on the day before that drop on a market signal. That was a 130 point gap (split adjusted). Sold it as soon as I figured out it was not a split. :D I was trading with a buddy at the time and he was in it too. He still says he can't say the word "Mister" without gagging. :lol:

You might notice that action and that gap was synonymous with the bursting of the dot-com bubble. All good things must end.

All good things must end... which brings us to the metals -- not exactly a CRUSH on this general market bounce, but it's a start... :)

Good luck and good trading.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#15 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

Bought MSTR on the day before that drop on a market signal. That was a 130 point gap (split adjusted). Sold it as soon as I figured out it was not a split. :D I was trading with a buddy at the time and he was in it too. He still says he can't say the word "Mister" without gagging. :lol:

You might notice that action and that gap was synonymous with the bursting of the dot-com bubble. All good things must end.

All good things must end... which brings us to the metals -- not exactly a CRUSH on this general market bounce, but it's a start... :)

Good luck and good trading.

diogenes227:

Been there, done that! :D

stubaby

#16 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

you think the metals will correct and the miners rise: could happen i guess

What are the odds? Million to one?

The price of gold is up 20 percent since last the major miners made highs. Is that strange or is everything the leprechaun whispers sure as $hit? Looking back at the downdraft in May, it looks more likely if the metals correct, the miners get CRUSHED!

Not quite crushed...yet...but this is okay so far. Tightening stops barring a bounce under the heading "too far to fast".

#17 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

Okay, stopped out for 20 percent in ZSL. Tightening stops further on the GLL. Are we having fun yet? :D

#18 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Closed GLL on the close for 14 percent. Now flat the metals overnight. Good luck and good trading. :)

#19 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

great trading diogenies

#20 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

By the way, am short again, and setting stops for now at today's opens.

http://stockcharts.c...4150&r=1132.png

http://stockcharts.c...1729&r=9431.png