Transports

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

LT fundamentals and technicals are something to keep in mind especially as countertrend moves occur, because if you are not careful those moves can change your LT outlook. I've been going over some LT economic fundamentals(yes long term fundamentals are very important to big picture timing). The transports made new all time highs this Summer and the Dow was nowhere close. You can toss out the airlines as they were no help, only sectors going up were trucking and secondly, railways. With petrofuels sky high I'm wondering how they managed to run their stock prices up so much as cost of operation should have decreased profits. I guess they passed those costs on to the consumer and then some, to boost bottom line. LT Dow non-confirmation is LT bearish. I think the current rates of inflation are unsustainable, food and energy is the problem, everybody needs them, problem is a lot of people don't have jobs. We are in K-wave winter, the deflation just hasn't hit yet. I see restraunts closing down all the time, ones that used to be packed. People can't afford to go out to eat like they used to, eventually a lot will resort to growing and canning their own food maybe even raising livestock, bartering with neigbors for goods and services. Eventually, instead of 4 grocery stores in a town you will only have one. I'm looking for oil to trade below $40, maybe even below $20 in the next 12-18 months. Prices of everything have to get washed out and reset to something people are comfortable with before K-Spring can start. I'm looking for a cyclical bottom in mid 2013 with final lows near 2016. I'm st bearish looking for a tradeable bottom after new lows.