Photo

why are markets blocked in a sideways action ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

...because they' re waiting for earning season imo, which means early october. That will give markets a direction...............and which one ?........... down I bet to end the first leg of the bear which has never left us since late 2007 but has just been hidden by Bennie Print and his brilliant politics of paper printing

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

...because they' re waiting for earning season imo, which means early october. That will give markets a direction...............and which one ?........... down I bet to end the first leg of the bear which has never left us since late 2007 but has just been hidden by Bennie Print and his brilliant politics of paper printing

Barring the well-recognized black swan of Europe and the less-recognized one of China, you might be right about the earning season. However, the direction might not be right - perhaps due to your possible sharing the most commonly-held vision of money-printing which is done with one eye closed. ;)

Understanding this chart goes a long way in opening the other eye -

Posted Image

pssst, while it was 'plastics' in "The Graduate," today its 'aggregate demand' and AD don't care how warm that dollar is.

Maybe 2% US GDP 3qtr11; sure thing in qtr4. :ninja:

2012? all depends on the next few 'red bars' - call your Congresscritter! :rolleyes:

Oh, and inflation? My arse. :lol:

Edited by salsabob, 28 September 2011 - 10:15 AM.

John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?