Gold at another "Critical Juncture"

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

It was in 2003 when my older brother passed away suddenly at 54 and no longer my parents alive that I started the big change in health..we've been vegetarians since 2006, now going to Vegan with the new changes...I guess it takes a love one's passing to open our eyes even more..this year, I've been cooking Indian style a lot as I have learned tremendously about the Indian spices..so that's part of our daily ritual incorporating them in our meals....but now, I have to become more creative there without oils or butter..with this new health diet..(my grandfather was a chef and I've always been creative in cooking and an excellent cook myself)...and I also meditate to alleviate stress..even sometimes 5 minutes a day..I'll keep this site in one of my tabs on one of my monitors so if the market is driving me crazy..I look at this and listen to calm me more..(I'm Italian so I have the emotional side I have to maintain..LOL!)..here's a nice soothing site for anyone who likes to take some deep breathes in between the boring times of the market..

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

If you're gonna be a trader..you have to be able to control the mind..imo
TM

#62 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

It was in 2003 when my older brother passed away suddenly at 54 and no longer my parents alive that I started the big change in health..we've been vegetarians since 2006, now going to Vegan with the new changes...I guess it takes a love one's passing to open our eyes even more..this year, I've been cooking Indian style a lot as I have learned tremendously about the Indian spices..so that's part of our daily ritual incorporating them in our meals....but now, I have to become more creative there without oils or butter..with this new health diet..(my grandfather was a chef and I've always been creative in cooking and an excellent cook myself)...and I also meditate to alleviate stress..even sometimes 5 minutes a day..I'll keep this site in one of my tabs on one of my monitors so if the market is driving me crazy..I look at this and listen to calm me more..(I'm Italian so I have the emotional side I have to maintain..LOL!)..here's a nice soothing site for anyone who likes to take some deep breathes in between the boring times of the market..

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

If you're gonna be a trader..you have to be able to control the mind..imo
TM

since you are cooking indian style. look into ghee (clarified butter) if you have a chance. it has very healing properties. and is quite healthy.
dharma

#63 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle as a kid..

Dates us doesn't it! :D

Ooops! :lol: actually I have no problems with my age...I can run circles around my kids who are in the mid to late 20s..Man, the 60s/70s were some interesting times to have gone through..good and bad..but we will look at what we are going through now one day..and realize the reason for it all..it's how we adapt to the challenges of life that makes us who we are...I turn off the doom and gloomers especially now as we get into the 2012s..because a lot of crazies are going to come out more..instead of thinking of the end..why now live in the now ..and do something significant in your life...nature is what keeps me sane in this crazy world..we leave next week for our home in the mountains..surrounded by trees and birds..no tv..you get a different perspective of life when you shut it all out..

with age..comes wisdom, right Stu? LOL!

TM

its why i live where i do. i love the mountains. i live @7k'. yes, the 60s and 70s were tumultuous , but i suspect nothing like what we are approaching. in these times , say what you want, BUT money IS *******. folks worship it . they enslave themselves to it. and they lie, steal, and cheat for it. anyway,we are rapidly approaching a world wide awakening. i read http://www.soothesayer.com/ every month, i love her perspective. one has to be anchored in these times. have some vision, and accept there is a higher power.
dharma

I'm prepared either way..my home in the mountains we can live on minimal expenses..we're not retired yet..maybe a couple of years..but I found a small town away from the madness and we can live on minimal expenses...We've done all the traveling we want..we lived in Europe and since age 15 I've been travelling..not to say we wont go back to Germany as it is where we met and got married and is our 2nd home...but we have simplified our lives unlike most..that we can live on what most think you can't..it's all relative..I even have a year supply of food ready too..and we are vegans and have an area to grow our veggies and fruit...we make our own flour which is very nutritious and bake my own bread..so the plan is to become as self reliant as possible..incuding with solar...we have our own well too.....that said, I wont live my life worrying about it...that's my point..I prepare for the worse but live for today..I know what the possibilities could be..the only thing that concerns me is my kids and their lives..which might keep us wanting to retire early..but no matter, we still go back and forth to our home in GA 6-8 weeks at a time for some R& R
TM

Maama mia, I will try to find some cyanide capsules tomorrow! Or go fishing to a nice isnland in the Ionian or Aegean Sea.

tria :o

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#64 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle as a kid..

Dates us doesn't it! :D

Ooops! :lol: actually I have no problems with my age...I can run circles around my kids who are in the mid to late 20s..Man, the 60s/70s were some interesting times to have gone through..good and bad..but we will look at what we are going through now one day..and realize the reason for it all..it's how we adapt to the challenges of life that makes us who we are...I turn off the doom and gloomers especially now as we get into the 2012s..because a lot of crazies are going to come out more..instead of thinking of the end..why now live in the now ..and do something significant in your life...nature is what keeps me sane in this crazy world..we leave next week for our home in the mountains..surrounded by trees and birds..no tv..you get a different perspective of life when you shut it all out..

with age..comes wisdom, right Stu? LOL!

TM

its why i live where i do. i love the mountains. i live @7k'. yes, the 60s and 70s were tumultuous , but i suspect nothing like what we are approaching. in these times , say what you want, BUT money IS *******. folks worship it . they enslave themselves to it. and they lie, steal, and cheat for it. anyway,we are rapidly approaching a world wide awakening. i read http://www.soothesayer.com/ every month, i love her perspective. one has to be anchored in these times. have some vision, and accept there is a higher power.
dharma

I'm prepared either way..my home in the mountains we can live on minimal expenses..we're not retired yet..maybe a couple of years..but I found a small town away from the madness and we can live on minimal expenses...We've done all the traveling we want..we lived in Europe and since age 15 I've been travelling..not to say we wont go back to Germany as it is where we met and got married and is our 2nd home...but we have simplified our lives unlike most..that we can live on what most think you can't..it's all relative..I even have a year supply of food ready too..and we are vegans and have an area to grow our veggies and fruit...we make our own flour which is very nutritious and bake my own bread..so the plan is to become as self reliant as possible..incuding with solar...we have our own well too.....that said, I wont live my life worrying about it...that's my point..I prepare for the worse but live for today..I know what the possibilities could be..the only thing that concerns me is my kids and their lives..which might keep us wanting to retire early..but no matter, we still go back and forth to our home in GA 6-8 weeks at a time for some R& R
TM

Maama mia, I will try to find some cyanide capsules tomorrow! Or go fishing to a nice isnland in the Ionian or Aegean Sea.

LOL!...take the latter choice..and send me a post card..LOL!

#65 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

KISS - Continuation Symmetrical Triangle Formation

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=0&mn=9&dy=0&i=p41496933815&a=242280568&r=713.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=W&yr=3&mn=0&dy=0&i=p26686164749&a=201684816&r=5236.png

http://stockcharts.c...2125&r=3759.png
Declining volume pattern confirmed on GLD.

The ideal breakout point occurs 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through the pattern's development or time-span. A break too close to the apex may be insignificant. Even though a continuation pattern is supposed to breakout in the direction of the long-term trend, this is not always the case.

We should have an answer soon! Watch for a false move - I will want to see several days outside the formation to act, unless the initial move has the proper volume signature. Added what I believe is a somewhat more accurate bottom line for the triangle, which allows for downside of 1,680 early next week and increasing daily. If we see a successful upside breakout the target will be 2,135.

Return to Apex: After the breakout (up or down), the apex can turn into future support or resistance. The price sometimes returns to the apex or a support/resistance level around the breakout before resuming in the direction of the breakout.

stubaby :ninja:

#66 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

stubaby: Excellent charts, good/accurate/pragmatic summary of the possibile or potential POG's trajectories. In combination to Merriman's Astro comments for this wek, it could be a very interesting time. I would't want to be travelling in the next few days..... Thank you, tria :unsure:

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#67 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:12 AM

Thank you studaby for the nice charts.

Ditto to dougie for his always inquisitive mind.

Ditto to tradermama for the pnf alerts.

Ditto and not least to dharma for his wisdom.

tria :unsure:

thanks tria!
what is life like now in greece. has life changed in any way. are consumer staples readily available?
thanks
dharma

dharma,

Consumer staples and everything else in aboundance. The only funny thing was, police patrol cars and motorcycles being stationary for a few days, having run out of fuel supply which is normally supplied to them by the military.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#68 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

:headspin:

Thank you studaby for the nice charts.

Ditto to dougie for his always inquisitive mind.

Ditto to tradermama for the pnf alerts.

Ditto and not least to dharma for his wisdom.

tria :unsure:

thanks tria!
what is life like now in greece. has life changed in any way. are consumer staples readily available?
thanks
dharma

dharma,

Consumer staples and everything else in aboundance. The only funny thing was, police patrol cars and motorcycles being stationary for a few days, having run out of fuel supply which is normally supplied to them by the military.

dharma,

I forgot to mention that they are still missing 2 billion in order to fulfill this year's budget target, and plan to cut public sector's salaries even more next year since their revenue inflows are way behind their rather "optimistic" previous estimates. They are fighting deflation with more deflationary measures.
Keynes would either, :o :blink: :angry: :headspin: or :cry: from the sky.
Cash is King here. Bank lending is almost frozen and only to people who don't need a loan anyway. Otherwise, life goes on and only waiting for the other shoe/shoes to drop. Elections are tentatively planned for mid February or March next year.

My best to all,
tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#69 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

tradermama, boungiorno. Spent an hour to decipher Laundry. He still can't draw even a small-short term, bullish "T" for the Stk Mkt unless there is a good rise next week. He has a stk mkt ringing-15-week cycle low in mid to late January 2012. On this cycle low, he will draw the center post for a new bulish "T" that could last a few months. He thinks Gold will break the long standing 150d sma (1,663 for Monday), sometime in the near/medium future mainly due to a bearish for now, Copper cycle, he is following. As you probably know, he has a very long term bullish "T" for Gold to expire near 2020. I do hope the stk mkt positive correlation to Gold becomes negative soon. vostro schiavo, tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#70 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

tria , thanks for the updates, its good to know consumer staples are readily available. stubaby, that pennant has been a topic of conversation for the hoard of technicians out there. unfortunately, it has gotten too deep into the apex of the triangle to have any power. the pattern, in this case may be a hook. i will do my homework tonight , when life quiets down. but that pattern is textbook edwards and maghee . dharma