Dates us doesn't it! :D

#52 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle as a kid..

Ooops! :lol: actually I have no problems with my age...I can run circles around my kids who are in the mid to late 20s..Man, the 60s/70s were some interesting times to have gone through..good and bad..but we will look at what we are going through now one day..and realize the reason for it all..it's how we adapt to the challenges of life that makes us who we are...I turn off the doom and gloomers especially now as we get into the 2012s..because a lot of crazies are going to come out more..instead of thinking of the end..why now live in the now ..and do something significant in your life...nature is what keeps me sane in this crazy world..we leave next week for our home in the mountains..surrounded by trees and birds..no tv..you get a different perspective of life when you shut it all out..

with age..comes wisdom, right Stu? LOL!

TM

#53 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

Ooops! :lol: actually I have no problems with my age...I can run circles around my kids who are in the mid to late 20s..Man, the 60s/70s were some interesting times to have gone through..good and bad..but we will look at what we are going through now one day..and realize the reason for it all..it's how we adapt to the challenges of life that makes us who we are...I turn off the doom and gloomers especially now as we get into the 2012s..because a lot of crazies are going to come out more..instead of thinking of the end..why now live in the now ..and do something significant in your life...nature is what keeps me sane in this crazy world..we leave next week for our home in the mountains..surrounded by trees and birds..no tv..you get a different perspective of life when you shut it all out..

TM

its why i live where i do. i love the mountains. i live @7k'. yes, the 60s and 70s were tumultuous , but i suspect nothing like what we are approaching. in these times , say what you want, BUT money IS *******. folks worship it . they enslave themselves to it. and they lie, steal, and cheat for it. anyway,we are rapidly approaching a world wide awakening. i read http://www.soothesayer.com/ every month, i love her perspective. one has to be anchored in these times. have some vision, and accept there is a higher power.
dharma

#54 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Thank you studaby for the nice charts. Ditto to dougie for his always inquisitive mind. Ditto to tradermama for the pnf alerts. Ditto and not least to dharma for his wisdom. tria :unsure:

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#55 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

TM

its why i live where i do. i love the mountains. i live @7k'. yes, the 60s and 70s were tumultuous , but i suspect nothing like what we are approaching. in these times , say what you want, BUT money IS *******. folks worship it . they enslave themselves to it. and they lie, steal, and cheat for it. anyway,we are rapidly approaching a world wide awakening. i read http://www.soothesayer.com/ every month, i love her perspective. one has to be anchored in these times. have some vision, and accept there is a higher power.
dharma

I'm prepared either way..my home in the mountains we can live on minimal expenses..we're not retired yet..maybe a couple of years..but I found a small town away from the madness and we can live on minimal expenses...We've done all the traveling we want..we lived in Europe and since age 15 I've been travelling..not to say we wont go back to Germany as it is where we met and got married and is our 2nd home...but we have simplified our lives unlike most..that we can live on what most think you can't..it's all relative..I even have a year supply of food ready too..and we are vegans and have an area to grow our veggies and fruit...we make our own flour which is very nutritious and bake my own bread..so the plan is to become as self reliant as possible..incuding with solar...we have our own well too.....that said, I wont live my life worrying about it...that's my point..I prepare for the worse but live for today..I know what the possibilities could be..the only thing that concerns me is my kids and their lives..which might keep us wanting to retire early..but no matter, we still go back and forth to our home in GA 6-8 weeks at a time for some R& R
TM

#56 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

Thank you studaby for the nice charts.

Ditto to dougie for his always inquisitive mind.

Ditto to tradermama for the pnf alerts.

Ditto and not least to dharma for his wisdom.

tria :unsure:

thanks tria!
what is life like now in greece. has life changed in any way. are consumer staples readily available?
thanks
dharma

#57 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

TM

dharma

I'm prepared either way..my home in the mountains we can live on minimal expenses..we're not retired yet..maybe a couple of years..but I found a small town away from the madness and we can live on minimal expenses...We've done all the traveling we want..we lived in Europe and since age 15 I've been travelling..not to say we wont go back to Germany as it is where we met and got married and is our 2nd home...but we have simplified our lives unlike most..that we can live on what most think you can't..it's all relative..I even have a year supply of food ready too..and we are vegans and have an area to grow our veggies and fruit...we make our own flour which is very nutritious and bake my own bread..so the plan is to become as self reliant as possible..incuding with solar...we have our own well too.....that said, I wont live my life worrying about it...that's my point..I prepare for the worse but live for today..I know what the possibilities could be..the only thing that concerns me is my kids and their lives..which might keep us wanting to retire early..but no matter, we still go back and forth to our home in GA 6-8 weeks at a time for some R& R
TM

great job traderama, sounds like you are prepared. i am like a squirrel gathering nuts for winter. trying to always improve my situation. the only thing i want is to make my house self sufficient w/solar. after all , we have like 350 sunny days a year. my house is passive solar . not being offensive here, but after a certain age, it seems like the desire to want and own more stuff fades away. only what is essential and real comes to the fore. great foresight traderama
dharma

#58 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

Thank you studaby for the nice charts.

Ditto to dougie for his always inquisitive mind.

Ditto to tradermama for the pnf alerts.

Ditto and not least to dharma for his wisdom.

tria :unsure:

Tria,
Is Laundry bullish next week? I'm just going with my pnf and seeing that the nyse bullish percent went to X this week...that the offense is on the field.....I think we should have an up week..not sure how long this last but I believe 1300 or more is possible..unless I get some alerts or something that makes me think differently..I think it's possible for some upside surprises...

And for gold and silver..as Stubably pointed out with his chart..both are in triangles..so we shall see how this goes there...maybe they will come out with the printing presses this weekend and announce something.....Have a good weekend and happy holiday to all..I'll be getting ready and leaving mid week for our Christmas retreat...and won't be posting any pnf changes.
TM

#59 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

TM

dharma

TM

great job traderama, sounds like you are prepared. i am like a squirrel gathering nuts for winter. trying to always improve my situation. the only thing i want is to make my house self sufficient w/solar. after all , we have like 350 sunny days a year. my house is passive solar . not being offensive here, but after a certain age, it seems like the desire to want and own more stuff fades away. only what is essential and real comes to the fore. great foresight traderama
dharma

Dharma, I think we have a lot in common with our lifestyle and philosopy of life.....and agree after a certain age especially..but it only happens if people don't identify themselves with their material things..rather than seeing the forest beyond the trees..LOL!...no pun intended..it will be tricky with solar for us because of the forest..my husband is an engineer that will be his field to figure out..I'm the financial lady of the family LOL!..also, my theory has been (especially since his heart attack last year) to get extra healthy..I've been on a path of health for a long time..but there's this health diet we have started not just being vegan but not having any oils at all..including fish oil..or nuts..it's from a book that has shown pictures of success of reversing heart damage..by focusing more on health..I'm hoping that we can get around how we approach our health insurance ...we will have it but there are some choices we will have to make..I'm still figuring that out..because I do have some pre-existing conditions...but like he and I said, nothing will keep us from living out there...

Have a happy holiday...we'll be with our squirrels, deer, and birds and leave the media madness behind..by the way, one can learn a lot from those animals!
TM

#60 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

TM

dharma

TM

dharma

Dharma, I think we have a lot in common with our lifestyle and philosopy of life.....and agree after a certain age especially..but it only happens if people don't identify themselves with their material things..rather than seeing the forest beyond the trees..LOL!...no pun intended..it will be tricky with solar for us because of the forest..my husband is an engineer that will be his field to figure out..I'm the financial lady of the family LOL!..also, my theory has been (especially since his heart attack last year) to get extra healthy..I've been on a path of health for a long time..but there's this health diet we have started not just being vegan but not having any oils at all..including fish oil..or nuts..it's from a book that has shown pictures of success of reversing heart damage..by focusing more on health..I'm hoping that we can get around how we approach our health insurance ...we will have it but there are some choices we will have to make..I'm still figuring that out..because I do have some pre-existing conditions...but like he and I said, nothing will keep us from living out there...

Have a happy holiday...we'll be with our squirrels, deer, and birds and leave the media madness behind..by the way, one can learn a lot from those animals!
TM

again we have very much in common. i became a vegetarian in 70. studied ayurveda since 83. went to india in 92 , met an ayurvedic master, he put a tent on his roof and we moved in. i have studied a variety of natural healing techniques. and i continue my studies. in 01 after the passing of my wife , i started eating salmon, for the fish oils. and have it very occasionally when i eat out. i believe w/the proper diet and herbs(herbs=intelligence) any situation can be cured and to a large extant reversed. lifestyle is also very important.sounds like you 2 are on the right path. reducing stress in ones life is very important. i am a fairly good trader, i dont want the stress though. so i take a position and sit.
dharma