Quillian's Hybrid Technical Analysis

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 James Quillian

James Quillian

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

This is an affirmative action rally. Basically yesterday’s short sellers are being squeezed and replaced with slightly more professional short sellers. Later on the “more professional short sellers” will be replaced by even more professional short sellers. This process will go on until shorts positions are mostly held by the un-squeezable variety such as myself.
In an affirmative action rally I use the rules of TA in reverse, so when we see a breakout above a neckline, that is a red flag that the trend is about to reverse. Remember, in today’s world technicians are not gaming anyone. They are being gamed themselves.
At the beginning of the year I thought the neckline on this chart would be broken later in the year. This breakout is nothing like a spike, which would be very bearish. This is still bearish but nothing like it would be if we sailed up like a rocket. I am guessing that the rally will fade off into the close and tomorrow will open tomorrow as if today had never occurred, the nature of affirmative action. It may take a few of these low energy short squeezes before anything happens on the downside, but It will.

Posted Image