• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#161 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

thanks tria

too early for me to draw conclusions. those sentiment figures are eye opening.
@the dec lows they were very similar.
not as clear a technical bottom as dec , which doesnt mean a thing
its looking more and more constructive. into the resistance we are , now lets see what if any follow through there is!
it is interesting senor that the gdxj is leading and the move is morphing into an impulse looking structure
dharma
oh and by the way , wondering what election years look like for the broads
http://seasonalchart...s_election.html
any doubts about the massive amounts of spending that is taking place and going to continue to get one of these bozos elected!
i have to think that is going to spill over into the miners!

dharma,

I was looking for 1860 by very early April, provided we do not break Tuesday's low, and the broads seasonal chart adds to my confidence. A nice objective just before the Easter holidays.

-tria

i see the big deflation that the world is in . its what the burnack and draghi point to as they print mountains of fresh fiat! they tell everyone we have to print because housint eg is in the gutter, we have to print to bail out the long list of sovereigns. i make no mistake of being misdirected , they are printing and will continue to throw mountains of freshly printed fiat @this thing. hyperinflation? inflation? i think more like stagflation. i think this year could be surprising.
dharma
how is the life being affected in greece? are consumer staples available. and @what price?

Supply of consumer staples is not a problem, demand is the problem. Prices have gradually started coming down with many items now being offered at the 2008 levels. A new phenomenon is that some producers are trying to bypass the middle men who were responsible for the high prices. For example there is nowdays what is called the "potatoe movement", where producers are delivering their produce to certain locations and consumers can buy directly from them at 1/2 the price they were buying from the supermarket. The producers get twice as much, the consumers pay one half as much and everybody is happy, except the middle men who was getting rich without any hard work.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#162 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

thanks tria, that is interesting. we have farmers markets here 2x a week. produce, goat products, honey etc dharma

#163 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

thanks tria

too early for me to draw conclusions. those sentiment figures are eye opening.
@the dec lows they were very similar.
not as clear a technical bottom as dec , which doesnt mean a thing
its looking more and more constructive. into the resistance we are , now lets see what if any follow through there is!
it is interesting senor that the gdxj is leading and the move is morphing into an impulse looking structure
dharma
oh and by the way , wondering what election years look like for the broads
http://seasonalchart...s_election.html
any doubts about the massive amounts of spending that is taking place and going to continue to get one of these bozos elected!
i have to think that is going to spill over into the miners!

dharma,

I was looking for 1860 by very early April, provided we do not break Tuesday's low, and the broads seasonal chart adds to my confidence. A nice objective just before the Easter holidays.

-tria

i see the big deflation that the world is in . its what the burnack and draghi point to as they print mountains of fresh fiat! they tell everyone we have to print because housint eg is in the gutter, we have to print to bail out the long list of sovereigns. i make no mistake of being misdirected , they are printing and will continue to throw mountains of freshly printed fiat @this thing. hyperinflation? inflation? i think more like stagflation. i think this year could be surprising.
dharma
how is the life being affected in greece? are consumer staples available. and @what price?

Supply of consumer staples is not a problem, demand is the problem. Prices have gradually started coming down with many items now being offered at the 2008 levels. A new phenomenon is that some producers are trying to bypass the middle men who were responsible for the high prices. For example there is nowdays what is called the "potatoe movement", where producers are delivering their produce to certain locations and consumers can buy directly from them at 1/2 the price they were buying from the supermarket. The producers get twice as much, the consumers pay one half as much and everybody is happy, except the middle men who was getting rich without any hard work.

-tria

How can the price of potatoes be reduced by 1/4 going direct. The mark up by the supermarkets is not that high, as their margins are only about 25% MAXIMUM?

#164 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

well is that it did we bottom? or are we getting smashed to 1625 and this is just a reaction to the downside move? none of this is important to me , my mo is to buy weakness. those waiting for another shoe to drop, can be left holding the bag. they never make markets easy, and this market has alot @stake. gold was well supported into the lows. jim sinclair has 1764 as the gateway to the 3rd stage of the bull . one of my friends said that we are going from arithmetic to geometric. call it what you want, but gold is going to another stage above 1803. now , 1764 could be the doorway. what i see is the big money waits for the boat to be loaded on one side , the smashes it the other way, then the shorts load up, and it gets smashed the other way. 1705 was being well defended , then this am , we cut through it like a knife through butter. if you dont want to be left @the station , dont be too cute w/this market. no matter how good a technician you think you are , you are not that good. dharma

#165 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

dont be too cute w/this market. no matter how good a technician you think you are , you are not that good.
dharma

great advice at this juncture - volatility continues to increase

stubaby B)

#166 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

well is that it did we bottom?
or are we getting smashed to 1625 and this is just a reaction to the downside move?
none of this is important to me , my mo is to buy weakness. those waiting for another shoe to drop, can be left holding the bag. they never make markets easy, and this market has alot @stake. gold was well supported into the lows. jim sinclair has 1764 as the gateway to the 3rd stage of the bull . one of my friends said that we are going from arithmetic to geometric. call it what you want, but gold is going to another stage above 1803. now , 1764 could be the doorway.
what i see is the big money waits for the boat to be loaded on one side , the smashes it the other way, then the shorts load up, and it gets smashed the other way. 1705 was being well defended , then this am , we cut through it like a knife through butter. if you dont want to be left @the station , dont be too cute w/this market. no matter how good a technician you think you are , you are not that good.
dharma

gold spiked down early, tested support near the moving averages and rallied to close near the days high around 1712, I'd say a muy bueno day, gold stocks are on their [bleeep] however, disappointing but I do think they will rally soon

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 09 March 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#167 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

it looks like greece officially in default! dharma

#168 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

keep in mind that last weeks close on gold was 1708 , so we are closing up week over week. the big slap down was a show. the waffling back and forth on the greek on again off again deal was to divert attention. the fact that the isda declared this a credit default has me on alert. who are they, are they elected by the populace, or put in by some banksters. dollar strong- gold strong. the fact that the 1705 was sliced through like butter, after being vigorously defended for days , tells me something more is afoot here. now we wait for the monetization/printing to be announced dharma

#169 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

keep in mind that last weeks close on gold was 1708 , so we are closing up week over week. the big slap down was a show.
the waffling back and forth on the greek on again off again deal was to divert attention. the fact that the isda declared this a credit default has me on alert. who are they, are they elected by the populace, or put in by some banksters. dollar strong- gold strong. the fact that the 1705 was sliced through like butter, after being vigorously defended for days , tells me something more is afoot here. now we wait for the monetization/printing to be announced
dharma

if gold is going to rally grande which the charts tell me is a bueno possibility I have to believe it's because of more worlwide money printing, Europe for sure but add Japan and China and others, dollar could even rally in that scenario but there will be so much out of U.S. buying that likely won't really matter. Just an old hombre's opinion

Senor

#170 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

yes but whither miners? terrible performance