• 9,621 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

so ken, what do you do w/that information? dharma

#32 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Am I the only one who sees the negative divergence between the RSI and the price of SLV on the hourly chart? Surely this can't keep going up much longer without taking a breather soon?

http://stockcharts.c...5879&r=5107.png

Weekly resistance for silver is $34.39. Any trade above weekly resistance with a weekly close below $34.39 is a bearish trigger.

Ken:

Looks like a "running upward correction" - which should resolve higher (per daily chart - real battle around $37)

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SILVER&p=D&yr=1&mn=5&dy=0&i=p80515448370&a=207693629&r=1644.png

#33 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

stu- this is my take as well the miners, silver, and gold are making a high level consolidation. we keep banging into the wall @1750 each time making it weaker and weaker, chipping away @the wall of resistance. its only a matter of time. senor- as always there are other counts as well , could be the old 1-2 1-2 which to these eyes look more likely tria- i keep reading how the austerity measures are actually killing the greek economy, making for less and less revenues. i read where since the summer 60k mom and pop biz had to fold. exacerbating the situation even more. folks winter is rapidly approaching better be prepared, sure hope that i am ! i have seen some pictures -charts of some very interesting possibilities here. dont be too surprised if we race. dharma by the way, no one is talking about crude, it looks like it is poised to make an upside move. but dont worry prince alaweed has said the kingdom is prepared to hold the line @100 ! bridge for sale ! step up and make a bid bridge for sale! the saudis will protect us

Edited by dharma, 09 February 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#34 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

stu- this is my take as well the miners, silver, and gold are making a high level consolidation. we keep banging into the wall @1750 each time making it weaker and weaker, chipping away @the wall of resistance. its only a matter of time.
senor- as always there are other counts as well , could be the old 1-2 1-2 which to these eyes look more likely

tria- i keep reading how the austerity measures are actually killing the greek economy, making for less and less revenues. i read where since the summer 60k mom and pop biz had to fold. exacerbating the situation even more.
folks winter is rapidly approaching better be prepared, sure hope that i am !
i have seen some pictures -charts of some very interesting possibilities here. dont be too surprised if we race.
dharma
by the way, no one is talking about crude, it looks like it is poised to make an upside move.
but dont worry prince alaweed has said the kingdom is prepared to hold the line @100 !
bridge for sale ! step up and make a bid
bridge for sale! the saudis will protect us

dharma:

Bleak news from Brussels. They are asking for Greek Parliament's vote by Sunday night before Euro group approval of the 'deal' on Monday.
They ask for signatures from all main Party leaders that austerity measures will be enforced no matter who wins next election. In any case general strike next two days.
Unemployment figure released today was 20.9%, 1 in 4 of employable people are out of work.
Troika demands a minimum wage level similar to Bulgaria's but living expenses are on Brussel's level or even higher.
The 'honorary' members of the Parliament are already doing this :pokey: before doing that :vote:
In any case general strike next two days. :ninja:

-tria : :cry:

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#35 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

stu- this is my take as well the miners, silver, and gold are making a high level consolidation. we keep banging into the wall @1750 each time making it weaker and weaker, chipping away @the wall of resistance. its only a matter of time.
senor- as always there are other counts as well , could be the old 1-2 1-2 which to these eyes look more likely

tria- i keep reading how the austerity measures are actually killing the greek economy, making for less and less revenues. i read where since the summer 60k mom and pop biz had to fold. exacerbating the situation even more.
folks winter is rapidly approaching better be prepared, sure hope that i am !
i have seen some pictures -charts of some very interesting possibilities here. dont be too surprised if we race.
dharma
by the way, no one is talking about crude, it looks like it is poised to make an upside move.
but dont worry prince alaweed has said the kingdom is prepared to hold the line @100 !
bridge for sale ! step up and make a bid
bridge for sale! the saudis will protect us

dharma:

Bleak news from Brussels. They are asking for Greek Parliament's vote by Sunday night before Euro group approval of the 'deal' on Monday.
They ask for signatures from all main Party leaders that austerity measures will be enforced no matter who wins next election. In any case general strike next two days.
Unemployment figure released today was 20.9%, 1 in 4 of employable people are out of work.
Troika demands a minimum wage level similar to Bulgaria's but living expenses are on Brussel's level or even higher.
The 'honorary' members of the Parliament are already doing this :pokey: before doing that :vote:
In any case general strike next two days. :ninja:

-tria : :cry:

thanks tria , very interesting. the gold market doesnt think its going to pass
maginot line held again
traderama, well what we talked about this am is in play and seems to be having an affect
dharma

#36 leocleoc

leocleoc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

Warren Buffett: Why stocks beat gold and bonds

http://finance.fortu...eholder-letter/

The major asset in this category is gold, currently a huge favorite of investors who fear almost all other assets, especially paper money (of whose value, as noted, they are right to be fearful). Gold, however, has two significant shortcomings, being neither of much use nor procreative. True, gold has some industrial and decorative utility, but the demand for these purposes is both limited and incapable of soaking up new production. Meanwhile, if you own one ounce of gold for an eternity, you will still own one ounce at its end.
What motivates most gold purchasers is their belief that the ranks of the fearful will grow. During the past decade that belief has proved correct. Beyond that, the rising price has on its own generated additional buying enthusiasm, attracting purchasers who see the rise as validating an investment thesis. As "bandwagon" investors join any party, they create their own truth -- for a while.
Over the past 15 years, both Internet stocks and houses have demonstrated the extraordinary excesses that can be created by combining an initially sensible thesis with well-publicized rising prices. In these bubbles, an army of originally skeptical investors succumbed to the "proof " delivered by the market, and the pool of buyers -- for a time -- expanded sufficiently to keep the bandwagon rolling. But bubbles blown large enough inevitably pop. And then the old proverb is confirmed once again: "What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end."
Today the world's gold stock is about 170,000 metric tons. If all of this gold were melded together, it would form a cube of about 68 feet per side. (Picture it fitting comfortably within a baseball infield.) At $1,750 per ounce -- gold's price as I write this -- its value would be about $9.6 trillion. Call this cube pile A.
Let's now create a pile B costing an equal amount. For that, we could buy all U.S. cropland (400 million acres with output of about $200 billion annually), plus 16 Exxon Mobils (the world's most profitable company, one earning more than $40 billion annually). After these purchases, we would have about $1 trillion left over for walking-around money (no sense feeling strapped after this buying binge). Can you imagine an investor with $9.6 trillion selecting pile A over pile B?
Beyond the staggering valuation given the existing stock of gold, current prices make today's annual production of gold command about $160 billion. Buyers -- whether jewelry and industrial users, frightened individuals, or speculators -- must continually absorb this additional supply to merely maintain an equilibrium at present prices.
A century from now the 400 million acres of farmland will have produced staggering amounts of corn, wheat, cotton, and other crops -- and will continue to produce that valuable bounty, whatever the currency may be. Exxon Mobil (XOM) will probably have delivered trillions of dollars in dividends to its owners and will also hold assets worth many more trillions (and, remember, you get 16 Exxons). The 170,000 tons of gold will be unchanged in size and still incapable of producing anything. You can fondle the cube, but it will not respond.
Admittedly, when people a century from now are fearful, it's likely many will still rush to gold. I'm confident, however, that the $9.6 trillion current valuation of pile A will compound over the century at a rate far inferior to that achieved by pile B.

#37 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

yes Dharma..also Venus sq Pluto on the 15th..that's a Bradley turn which might mean good for gold..Venus=money/Pluto=debt..with a hard aspect..something big might happen..Also, I think this goes in line with Merriman's concerns about Venus/Uranus going into a hard aspect too..Uranus=expect the unexpected/surprise/revolution TM P.S..thanks Tria for your updates

#38 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

leocleoc:

See below what you can buy with this :

http://demonocracy.i...debt_piigs.html

As of January 31, 2012 the United States Public gross debt was $15,356 trillion
The people of Greece, Ireland, Italy, Portugal & Spain owe €2,91 trillion Euros.

You need 2 Golden cubes like your pile A, to buy back just the above two piles of debt.
Why do you need to to buy another Golden pile A cube however, and not just electro-print to buy everything you like?

-tria :o

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#39 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Trader Dan's Market Views Thursday, February 9, 2012

Gold Continuing to Fail at $1750

Coming Soon - More PAIN at the Gasoline Pump
Peace
johngeorge

#40 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

who cares about gold a century from now? That farm land might well be a dustbowl. and history supports the idea that exxon might well not be around