early recogniton

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#51 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

tria-keep us posted and above all stay safe. how has the life of the average guy changed over these last few months. thanks yes, bradleys are part of the turns that i watch. this will prove to be another garden variety shakeout on the way to2100. i have my buy hat on, but only if issues become oversold w/hourly divergences, otherwise i just walk around w/this hat on. gdx, w/o the the tails did a .382 correction. from here on out corrections will serve to shakeout weak holders, later it will serve to make traders chase. sinclair has just posted a piece- on the lonely road. my take fwiw is fiats have a finite shelf life, and this game is rapidly drawing to a close, i dont want to have more dollars, i want to have more gold related assets. sinclair is right on. and this from a guy who was there on the front lines last time. if you from time to time get lost in all the noise and sound and fury, tune in to him. as for all the rest of the analysts, find out if they were in there buying when gold was on sale or is it a trading vehicle. if it is a trading vehicle, understand that they dont understand what they have here. for me, having studied a bit of financial history, this is a vehicle for this time. and then the banksters, will come hat in hand, and promise to change things, and they will be good , fair and square, honest they will . and then the next kwave comes, another cycle way down the road. and so it goes dharma

Edited by dharma, 13 February 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#52 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

otherwise i just walk around w/this hat on

me too!

stubaby :purebs:

#53 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

dharma

I couldn't agree with you more regards Jim Sinclair. In my book he's the man. I read him every day. Sometimes more than once. :lol: His mining stock TRX has been in my eye to start a position. Missed a golden opportunity back in Nov -Dec. Looking to make it a part of my core.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#54 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

the cots are the fly in the ointment here.in silver, the commercials have reduced their longs and increased their shorts. while the large specs have increased their longs. perhaps encouraged by the lowering of margins???. which could very well be a trap. lots of twists and turns this month. gold broke out of that declining resistance and now could be backtesting. short term stuff is not where the money is made, but i am looking to buy, so prudence must be considered dharma

Edited by dharma, 13 February 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#55 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Pretium Resources - I am already well-positioned having "taken a shot" with a starter position in late November near the bottom of the wedge and "adding" on the breakout (lots of these wedges have not fulfilled, i.e., AEM, CHPGF .....yet!).

This is PVG's 1st corrective since it worked through December's "pounding" with a bullish "running corrective". It could hold here at the 23.6% FIB , but most likely drop into the 38.2 to 50% FIB range. Worst case tests the breakout line shown on the weekly chart (12.50)

I know I want to own the strongest miners going forward and Pretium has shown it's strength over the last three months - I will be adding to my existing positions when the technicals unfold.

http://stockcharts.c...96130&r=883.png

http://stockcharts.c...9745&r=8743.png

stubaby B)

#56 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

here we are in correction mode. i am thinking this ends by the new moon @the latest. i do think the 12/29 lows will hold, and probably not be tested. so far, this correction is mild 1764 high to these lows is not much of a give back from a 250 rise. i do think @ some point the miners will be recognized as having value. true value. and i recognize up till this point , they are just a trading vehicle. that too will change. this is a very active month, w/lots of influences. i have started nibbling. little by little . not in any hurry. the major trend will reassert itself. dharma

#57 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Jim Sinclair - CB’s Trying to Keep Gold from Rising Violently February 14, 2012
Peace
johngeorge

#58 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Interesting read,

gis

http://amalgamator.c...ebruary9th.aspx
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#59 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

all i know is that the bull , when it is ready will reassert itself. until then the sentiment keeps getting more and more favorable. the drill for me is to buy weakness into 1680 if we get there. this is still a bull market, no matter what sir warren thinks. i got time. nothing has been solved on the debt front. last i looked all sovereigns are drowning in debt. interest rates are being held artificially low. time is on my side, yes it is

dharma

#60 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

friday is options expiration. the gdx has been down 8 days straight-very little damage done(must be a record) gann has a 7-10 day rule. if a market has been down 7-10days straight . reverse and go long for a fast move up dharma