• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Ramped those stocks up, and made some handsome profits, irrespective of what the underlying earnings might do, and irrespective of how much of a time period the CFO's could proverbially manipulate GAAP, and non-GAAP to make it look like the earnings supported the big time ramping. It's all about positioning and timing for these leeches and pilferers, and their ability to extract the hindmost, from everyone and every part of the "food chain" who doesn't know the game, or can't keep up with it. And then along with those players you have the HFT's extracting even more in between with nanosecond subterfuge. Amazing what Fed sponsored, tax payer funded, "free" QE will allow these fockers to do.

So I'm not arguing there was or wasn't a true recovery, its just that whatever level of "recovery", made a very finite set of people a whole boat load of money. They did it in such a way that very few could participate. Massive unemployment is just a minor outcome of the "extraction."

And It's sort of a sick joke to be a regular shareholder for any length of time, as those sucker's are an essential part of the prop, and overall gig, and until those types of folks bail, or can somehow get their money out of the pensions, and 401's, this gig will go on for a long long time. Erosion of this "foundation" and the house on top of it collapses. Who knows when that might be, but rest assured the players will have been long gone, and taken their money and be far far away from the collateral damage.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NYA...amp;a=215382805

You grasp the above, and then you know why its futile to predict major tops or bottoms, or flash crashes, and the like. I mean its just ludicrous to even speculate that the Dow needs to go to 6000 first, or WILL go to 17,000. As long as the gig is rigged this way, as there is an on-going and massive flow of QE, they can keep this going probably until we have 25 or 35% unemployment, and irrespective of any fundamentals. What I mean is they could ramp it to 17k on the Dow, or swing it down to 6000, and it won't matter to them (the players). They take it how they feel. Its not a reaction at all to the news really. or again to the fundamentals. Its no wonder people like Cramer, make these seemingly contradictory calls on stocks, or indexes, within days or weeks, or even within hours, and why he says such seemingly inane things as "Carnival is buy", or Apple is going to a "trillion" and follows it up with a big fat disclaimer the next day, "don't trust my recommendations." Its not that he doesn't have a clue, and he can be often right, or at least more right more often than the average joe on the street, but he's essentially like a weatherman, and trying to get a heads up from his insider cronies which way they are going to ramp things. (i.e. "is it gonna rain or shine", and even his insiders don't know because they try to interpret the bots, and algo's.) Then he makes up a story line, about the stock or index, to fit it to the direction "he thinks he knows" based on the little tidbits they leak to him. Pure entertainment value only.

Basically, he tries to make what amounts to watching paint dry, exciting for the masses, so they stay in the [rigged] "game." (while they get separated from their wealth). I'm only using him as an example, as there are hundreds, if not thousands of "Cramers" out there.
OTIS.

#2 viccarter

viccarter

TRIN_Rida

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Ramped those stocks up, and made some handsome profits, irrespective of what the underlying earnings might do, and irrespective of how much of a time period the CFO's could proverbially manipulate GAAP, and non-GAAP to make it look like the earnings supported the big time ramping. It's all about positioning and timing for these leeches and pilferers, and their ability to extract the hindmost, from everyone and every part of the "food chain" who doesn't know the game, or can't keep up with it. And then along with those players you have the HFT's extracting even more in between with nanosecond subterfuge. Amazing what Fed sponsored, tax payer funded, "free" QE will allow these fockers to do.

So I'm not arguing there was or wasn't a true recovery, its just that whatever level of "recovery", made a very finite set of people a whole boat load of money. They did it in such a way that very few could participate. Massive unemployment is just a minor outcome of the "extraction."

And It's sort of a sick joke to be a regular shareholder for any length of time, as those sucker's are an essential part of the prop, and overall gig, and until those types of folks bail, or can somehow get their money out of the pensions, and 401's, this gig will go on for a long long time. Erosion of this "foundation" and the house on top of it collapses. Who knows when that might be, but rest assured the players will have been long gone, and taken their money and be far far away from the collateral damage.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NYA...amp;a=215382805

You grasp the above, and then you know why its futile to predict major tops or bottoms, or flash crashes, and the like. I mean its just ludicrous to even speculate that the Dow needs to go to 6000 first, or WILL go to 17,000. As long as the gig is rigged this way, as there is an on-going and massive flow of QE, they can keep this going probably until we have 25 or 35% unemployment, and irrespective of any fundamentals. What I mean is they could ramp it to 17k on the Dow, or swing it down to 6000, and it won't matter to them (the players). They take it how they feel. Its not a reaction at all to the news really. or again to the fundamentals. Its no wonder people like Cramer, make these seemingly contradictory calls on stocks, or indexes, within days or weeks, or even within hours, and why he says such seemingly inane things as "Carnival is buy", or Apple is going to a "trillion" and follows it up with a big fat disclaimer the next day, "don't trust my recommendations." Its not that he doesn't have a clue, and he can be often right, or at least more right more often than the average joe on the street, but he's essentially like a weatherman, and trying to get a heads up from his insider cronies which way they are going to ramp things. (i.e. "is it gonna rain or shine", and even his insiders don't know because they try to interpret the bots, and algo's.) Then he makes up a story line, about the stock or index, to fit it to the direction "he thinks he knows" based on the little tidbits they leak to him. Pure entertainment value only.

Basically, he tries to make what amounts to watching paint dry, exciting for the masses, so they stay in the [rigged] "game." (while they get separated from their wealth). I'm only using him as an example, as there are hundreds, if not thousands of "Cramers" out there.

(As we used to say on the old law school boards: 180 being a perfect score on LSAT)