Some Amateur Technical Analysis

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Just emailed a friend with this below. He of course is aware that I am no technical guru and this is just my uneducated opinion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A couple of things I'm seeing looking at this WEEKLY SPY chart. Most of what I see says there is no reason technically to believe that we are rolling over into some sort of serious decline at this time. I think right now the average joe is a true believer that this market is doing just fine and suspect we may have a lot more upside to go, which would line up with my belief that we rise into the fall election.....

* First off looking at the weekly price action there has not been a serious sell off since last year and not much reason to believe we are having one now

*The last time there was very high volume was in August last year when a bottom was going in, right now volume is below average and happy.

*Low to average volume with a rising market, no reason to believe that we have seen a blow off top warning us of decline.

*The 200EMA weekly moving average has stopped sloping downward flattened out and is now gradually curving up.

*Stochastic had a little dip to relieve downward pressure but is going up again. It hasn't given a hard signal that things are getting ready to blow the other way. That really deep dip that has come on prior serious correction haven't happened yet

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~