The Rally is Corrective

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

I' m observing a fake (mini) inverse head and shoulders in the daily charts. It needs an up bar on monday to complete, imo and then........Bingoooooooooo..............the drop will start.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#12 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

I' m observing a fake (mini) inverse head and shoulders in the daily charts. It needs an up bar on monday to complete, imo and then........Bingoooooooooo..............the drop will start.

Oh please .......

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#13 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

Not my view, but am just pointing out that this seems to be a rather unanimous viewpoint- at least from tonight's posts. Is anybody looking up rather than down from here? Just curious....

I am looking up from here... Just not for another 3-5 days.

I think you are right about the market now being in an int. uptrend, I just think the risk is too high to pick up longs here. I'll wait until 1290-1310 SPX.

Edited by orange, 11 June 2012 - 04:22 AM.

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#14 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

Oh please .......

Please or not please..............

#15 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

Before all the overnight fun, on the various 60s I thought a few bars to go before the roll over and the daily "internals" very zoney, so any real advance right in here would be quite surprising.

Edited by selecto, 11 June 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#16 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

Please explain how you come to the conclusion the h&s is fake. I am in agreement btw.

#17 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

Please explain how you come to the conclusion the h&s is fake. I am in agreement btw.

Some or most people here think that TA is pure science. But it isn' t. To find science you need to open a book of math and another one of phisics. There you find ''objective'' statements, replicable experiments and results, undestroyable laws (at least inside their own contexts of validity). In TA you find indicators that work ''sometimes'' and patterns that can be resolved ''one way or another''. Well it's all up to your experience and your nose, smelling the coming market's resolution. Coming to your question, I have observed in the course of the years that there are recurrent traps set up by the strong hands in the form of well known TA patterns. And the inverse head and shoulders is one of the most used. Why should it be actually a fake h&s, you ask ? Talking as a mathematician I would tell you ''because the conditions at the border'' (don' t know the correct English form but this one is the exact translation from italian) bring the market to such a resolution. In other words if I see all around in my screen (which is comprehensive of worldwide indexes and equities) continuation patterns that say downwards pressure to resume and at the same time the sp places a (mini) inverse head and shoulders alike pattern, what have I to think ? That it is a real inversion figure ?
This is the way I apply TA. It might be unconventional, but I have to make my personal reasonings, as I have always done in my life, before coming to any conclusions .

Best

BTW.........I know probably you would have expected that my answer was ''because volumes don' t confirm'', but as you see I use a different logics.

Edited by andr99, 11 June 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#18 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

It's a typical bear market rally feuled by rumor and news. A reversal is imminent.

Edited by redfoliage2, 11 June 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#19 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

I am bullish and looking for more upside until August for another 80-100 points. Aloha!

Edited by arbman, 11 June 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#20 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

Some or most people here think that TA is pure science. But it isn' t. To find science you need to open a book of math and another one of phisics. There you find ''objective'' statements, replicable experiments and results, undestroyable laws (at least inside their own contexts of validity). In TA you find indicators that work ''sometimes'' and patterns that can be resolved ''one way or another''. Well it's all up to your experience and your nose, smelling the coming market's resolution. Coming to your question, I have observed in the course of the years that there are recurrent traps set up by the strong hands in the form of well known TA patterns. And the inverse head and shoulders is one of the most used. Why should it be actually a fake h&s, you ask ? Talking as a mathematician I would tell you ''because the conditions at the border'' (don' t know the correct English form but this one is the exact translation from italian) bring the market to such a resolution. In other words if I see all around in my screen (which is comprehensive of worldwide indexes and equities) continuation patterns that say downwards pressure to resume and at the same time the sp places a (mini) inverse head and shoulders alike pattern, what have I to think ? That it is a real inversion figure ?
This is the way I apply TA. It might be unconventional, but I have to make my personal reasonings, as I have always done in my life, before coming to any conclusions .

Best

BTW.........I know probably you would have expected that my answer was ''because volumes don' t confirm'', but as you see I use a different logics.