GM not so good.....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

GM profits plunge 41% blame it on Europe?

I just recently read that GM was pushing sub-prime loans (for cars) to try and boost sales.

My my, maybe they didn't do such a good job on that re-organization after all???

Imagine what their numbers will look like after they no longer have to make their new boss in the Whitehouse look good? Don't think I want to own GM after the elections when they get real.

Maybe GM has just been just hammering out a bottom for the past year but I'm skeptical. If they are so sensitive to Europe, Europe doesn't look so good going forward. And all those sub-prime loans will ultimately have a down side to them and I'm guessing that the government re-organization protected some unsustainable union benefits that are also a drag not to mention dealerships they were not allowed to unload because they didn't do a real bankruptcy reorganization.

My evidence may be anecdotal but I'm not going to be buying any GM stock or car companies that insist on making cars not because they sell but because someone in the white-house wants them to make it.

I wonder how much GM would pay me for rent if I allow them to stack up unwanted $40,000 Volts in my backyard?
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~