Gold beckons

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

the bear trap sprang open..but a dacade plus bull market is ready for a final onslaught. thru 2014-15....it will be mind numbing and money will be made as if they lay on the street......

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

the bear trap sprang open..but a dacade plus bull market is ready for a final onslaught.
thru 2014-15....it will be mind numbing and money will be made as if they lay on the street......

si amigo, the Phoenix may rising from the bear's ashes, rally today needs to hold above 1600 and keep chuggin norte, me likes what me sees so far

Senor

#3 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Si amigos, my short term target was near 1615 by tomorrow or on Thursday and then a correction. After that will see what next week brings. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#4 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Perhaps a more interesting observation would be gold's fluctuation due to a perceived 'crisis' sans inflation hysteria (what are bonds doing?). Obviously, the latter (i.e. inflation) can be a key (and more typical) element of the former (i.e. ‘crisis’), but if one is entering (or continuing) a long period where it is not, it may be instructive to know the difference. Inflation ‘crises’ tend to have pretty extended periods and thus support longer term gold prices. Other types of ‘crises’ however? Maybe not so much, ey? Valuing an asset that has no fundamental production yield is tough sledding – its been an issue ever since the first caveman found that first shiny nugget. Muddling through takes the shine off.
John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

now, that was instructive -what a perfect trap they created and sprung. the weak shorts will be forced to cover. dharma not certain we are completely out of the woods. did my buying now i wait

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

now, that was instructive -what a perfect trap they created and sprung. the weak shorts will be forced to cover. dharma not certain we are completely out of the woods. did my buying now i wait

#7 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

now, that was instructive -what a perfect trap they created and sprung. the weak shorts will be forced to cover.
dharma
not certain we are completely out of the woods. did my buying now i wait

holding almost all the gains so far, 1620 is resistance, geter norte of there and it gets muy bueno. I also wanna see GDX close above last May's closing low at 39.34.

Senor

#8 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

A little late to the thread, but until the PM internals turn up, we still have downside price objectives still on the table. We'll see how things look at $1525 and we'll go from there. Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#9 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

“This massive flush is nearing a trigger event.”
Eric De Groot

London PM Fixed Gold and GLD (ETF) Total Assets WA Stochastic Exponential Moving Average (13DEMA)

http://4.bp.blogspot...00/Gold TA3.PNG
(click on the chart to enlarge)

The Stochastic 13 day EMA of total GLD assets has not been that low (3%) in the last decade.
Any potential new low for this recent down move shoud not be that much lower, I dare to predict.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

“This massive flush is nearing a trigger event.”
Eric De Groot

London PM Fixed Gold and GLD (ETF) Total Assets WA Stochastic Exponential Moving Average (13DEMA)

http://4.bp.blogspot...00/Gold TA3.PNG
(click on the chart to enlarge)

The Stochastic 13 day EMA of total GLD assets has not been that low (3%) in the last decade.
Any potential new low for this recent down move shoud not be that much lower, I dare to predict.

-tria

hi tria, yes i read eric also, he has an interesting slant.
i am thinking the same thing. some form of W
the sellers dont have the same enthusiasm as before.
the trap is being set
dharma