Gold beckons

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

there's a decent chance Dow is topping and gold at least and maybe miners are bottoming. As I said in the tradeer board I have some bueno norte CINCO waves muy possibly ending today in Dow and Trannnies and BKX already looked like a big cinco down and a corrective rally ending. Manana is a grande day IMO. BSing away Senor

#12 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

manana indeed senor no bs

#13 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

We are in a final 5th wave down for this move. Short/medium term, Gold should bottom today/next Monday and Silver near 3/6. In late March another drop is a real possibility. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#14 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

We are in a final 5th wave down for this move.
Short/medium term, Gold should bottom today/next Monday and Silver near 3/6.
In late March another drop is a real possibility.

-tria

Touch n go here, miners went to new low after early bounce, if they can rally above the early highs I like it, another weak close is no bueno. Doing some buyin down here but will adios if decline continues.

Senor

#15 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Today I bought JAG Mar2014 $1 calls at .10 and I am going to offer the Mar2014 $2 calls at .10 on any pop so I'll have a risk free trade. If JAG does not trade over 1 by Mar2014 I'll lose the commissions. Still looking at other situations like this. I have played these games in coal and ng when they were out of favor. After that break in gold in late January I turned defensive and started selling nearby calls on NUGT and went further and further out on the buys. It helped but still at loss but I expect some back and forth and I'll end up in a desirable position. Of course if I was not biased long there were many screaming signs of persistent weakness I would have noticed. For example at Schaeffers the option put/call ratio on NUGT was not climbing during the slide, showing complacency. Regards, F&D
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#16 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

We are in a final 5th wave down for this move.
Short/medium term, Gold should bottom today/next Monday and Silver near 3/6.
In late March another drop is a real possibility.

-tria

Touch n go here, miners went to new low after early bounce, if they can rally above the early highs I like it, another weak close is no bueno. Doing some buyin down here but will adios if decline continues.

Senor

out, just no bounce

Senor

#17 tomterrific14

tomterrific14

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

• Market Vane's bullish gold consensus dropped to 49% in February, the lowest reading on record and only seen previously for a single day at the important gold bottom in2008.
• the ISI (Daily Sentiment Index) dropped to 3%, a new record low since the index was started in 1987.
• GLD's bullion holdings dropped 1.55% on 2/20, evidence of capitulative selling.
finally, speculative Comex shorts rose to the highest on record:

See COT speculative shorts chart, bottom of report

Source: Meridian Macro

http://www.usagold.c...eforgoldII.html

#18 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Sentimentrader.com
February 22, 2013 Sentiment towards gold has shifted into excessive pessimism territory according to a broad cross-section of indicators. It needs to hold above last year's lows, however, to still be considered in a bull market.

#19 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Can you share the strategies that you are using ? Spreads ? Calls ? Puts ?

It is a combination of Long Puts and short call spreads. It allows me to adjust positions depending on the market's action.

Denleo

Today I bought JAG Mar2014 $1 calls at .10 and I am going to offer the Mar2014 $2 calls at .10 on any pop so I'll have a risk free trade.
If JAG does not trade over 1 by Mar2014 I'll lose the commissions.
Still looking at other situations like this.
I have played these games in coal and ng when they were out of favor.

After that break in gold in late January I turned defensive and started selling nearby calls on NUGT and went further and further out on the buys.
It helped but still at loss but I expect some back and forth and I'll end up in a desirable position.
Of course if I was not biased long there were many screaming signs of persistent weakness I would have noticed.
For example at Schaeffers the option put/call ratio on NUGT was not climbing during the slide, showing complacency.

Regards,

F&D

I AM IN JAN14's not MAR14's
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#20 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

I really don't see any reason to be on the long side of either gold or the gold stocks until prices turn and the bullish percent ($BPGDM) pops to the upside.

Good luck and good trading.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=D&yr=0&mn=8&dy=0&i=p70494176026&a=290840798&r=1362184725128.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."