Photo

FB is unveiling its new news feed. Every daytrader crowded in, now crowding out.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

The new news feed sounds like their are going to clusterbomb users with information. Lets say you like a some celebrity and you get articles about that celebrity in your feed. Ouch. What a clusterfck. They are also making the feed image and video heavy with huge size photos, so they could show bigger ads in the center of your screen. I think they are really screwing up here. This information clusterfck with huge adsvertisements in the center of the screen will lose them a lot of users. They really don't understand what their users need. Nothing here changes my very negative bias on the stock.

Edited by ogm, 07 March 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Here is the worst part :

Zuckerberg: "We view our role as being the editor," he said. "What's happened over time is people are sharing more content," he said. "This is a trend that we're gonna work on for years and years... We're still really early into what this can be."If something really important happens...you want that stuff to be at the top because you really don't want to miss that."

Did you ever realize that the FB's algorythm decide whats important for you and what is not ? And that your news feed is constantly being sorted by algorythms ? Of course they will decide that large flashy advertising images in the center of your screen is what is important to you.

I think Facebook is dead. They are trying to be many things at once. As a result they will die a slow death of attrition.