Structural Hints on Gold Stocks

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:14 PM

"stubborn money will get smoked"...and that long or short couldnt diagree more. the real money is made by those who can read money flow and know how to buy accumulate and accumulate when things look awful. point out some st trader billionaires to me. real money is made by b&hers in many areas

#12 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:32 PM

only know traders/investors I can think of are Warren Buffet (my mentor) the buy and hold type and George Soros the true trader. better yet, all (or vast majority of) the billionaires are business owners/operators (or the inheritances.) why not just start a business. yeah, make it sound so easy. ;)

#13 thoughtpwr

thoughtpwr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:58 PM

With all the meandering on this topic, I would like to point out, here, as we get approach the close is that that the XAU looks like it has pulled out the continuation card and is playing it, per the script, if it can hold into the close. Some of the stocks got pretty sick today, but held together and I think we can get a couple more days of rally here on the continuation formation. EJ

#14 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:06 PM

yeap, XAU/HUI just got be careful of that banana peel right in front them. :unsure:

#15 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:41 PM

buy and hold works when you buy in at sector bottoms...and gold is three years past that how much stubborn money was lost riding the telecoms down to the bottom? I don't know what your entry point is so we are missing context...but if you have bought recently then I think you really need to know how much you are willing to bleed for these shares Over the past six months there has been a dramatic change in environment for gold...going from decreasing rates and contracting economy to now increasing rates...and for now expanding economy is gold still in a bull market...Maybe...but the arguments that it may be entering a bear market cannot just be tossed away
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#16 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:53 PM

We are geting close to "GO' time :o as I look at these charts. JMHO ;) mss
Posted Image
I think $402 is next stop.
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#17 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:18 PM

makes sense...402 is the next fib number on the chain
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#18 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:22 PM

should there be any concern of the lower low on the MACD? That is the current MACD is lower than the MACD peak 3 weeks ago? SBC.

#19 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:24 PM

should there be any concern of the lower low on the MACD?

should be...

a lower high on the MACD

#20 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:48 PM

a lower high on the MACD

At this point, I don't think so. The MACD went down and has just crossed back up -- should it flaten out or turn down in next couple of days then-- we need to step back. And then we lookie, lookie :blink: :blink: :unsure:
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!