ALL TIME HIGH

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

What?! No celebration of the prosperity and wealth creation of the record high stock market? And, no congratulations to the Bernanke Fed and the Obama Administration?

Posted Image

O.K. seriously, the SPX has closed at all time high, and the NDX has taken out 3/11/13 closing high, which, according to the preliminary closing data, has opened a 2-day window for my system to technically confirm the NDX breakout. If there's no follow-through rally with the right volume structure, then this is nothing but a fakeout - La Reprise a Faux.

So, we'll see.

#2 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

What?! No celebration of the prosperity and wealth creation of the record high stock market? And, no congratulations to the Bernanke Fed and the Obama Administration?

Posted Image

O.K. seriously, the SPX has closed at all time high, and the NDX has taken out 3/11/13 closing high, which, according to the preliminary closing data, has opened a 2-day window for my system to technically confirm the NDX breakout. If there's no follow-through rally with the right volume structure, then this is nothing but a fakeout - La Reprise a Faux.

So, we'll see.

You've been bearish at every single new high on the way up, I wonder how you can ever make any money.

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

http://www.marketwat...o...d=rss&rss=1

http://finance.yahoo...-140532355.html

Last Quarter 2012 GDP growth rate revised upwards to a whopping 0.4%! No wonder the party is a bit subdued. Watch out for IT top around tax day. Momentum should keep the market levitating for 2 to 3 weeks.

Edited by pdx5, 28 March 2013 - 05:08 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

a whopping 0.4%!

:=)

Not to mention the 5 and 10-year T-bills yield spread.

Incidentally, it had had a high 0.80 - 0.90 positive 20-period correlation coefficient with the SPX till last Friday, 3/22/13.

Posted Image

Edited by TechMan, 28 March 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#5 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

http://www.marketwat...o...d=rss&rss=1

http://finance.yahoo...-140532355.html

Last Quarter 2012 GDP growth rate revised upwards to a whopping 0.4%! No wonder the party is a bit subdued. Watch out for IT top around tax day. Momentum should keep the market levitating for 2 to 3 weeks.

I seriously doubt Bears will have to wait 2 weeks for a retreat....I admit it may only be a pause, but I think a further 2-week upward rally is doubtful. We'll have a 2-3% flush one day next week.

#6 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

You've been bearish at every single new high on the way up, I wonder how you can ever make any money.

Like I said, no one makes me laugh harder than you do. You're a joke.

As a recent example, I had turned bullish on 2/26/2013 and just turned bearish on the NDX on 3/11/13.

So, I had my "Short The Bounce" day (red arrow) on Monday, 2/25/13, per my comment on Saturday, 2/23/13, following my "Oversold Bounce" day on Friday, 2/22/13, per my comment at 2:30pm on Thursday, 2/21/13.

Now, while I'm still anticipating that 5th largest Nasdaq inter-day high-to-low gap between 12/31/12 and 1/2/13 to be filled, a higher close today following the bullish Harami pattern of the last two candlesticks spells a short-term reversal before the next leg down.

Posted Image

Here's a reference of the said pattern. Good trading.

Posted Image

#7 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Posted Image

So, we'll see.

You are actually correct in your assessment, regardless of what the man will deny.
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#8 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

You are actually correct in your assessment, regardless of what the man will deny.

And here comes the "call police".

I don't get it. Why's it that important to you that I make perfect calls and trades? I'm not selling anything or getting paid here. I don't even use this forum to promote my blog or website. I'm just one of the posters that shares what I see happening in the market like everyone else. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read my comments.

Is this something personal?

#9 merciless

merciless

• Traders-Talk User
  • 637 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

And here comes the "call police".

I don't get it. Why's it that important to you that I make perfect calls and trades? I'm not selling anything or getting paid here. I don't even use this forum to promote my blog or website. I'm just one of the posters that shares what I see happening in the market like everyone else. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read my comments.

Is this something personal?

Tech man send me a pm with your blog if ya don't mind. I find all your posts instructive ;)

#10 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Can't blame the bears for being angry, they have fought Bernanke's Bull tooth and nail for 4 years and missed one of the greatest lifetime opportunities in 15 years.