ALL TIME HIGH

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Can't blame the bears for being angry, they have fought Bernanke's Bull tooth and nail for 4 years and missed one of the greatest lifetime opportunities in 15 years.

Most people here are short term traders, that's why the title Traders Talk. Took me awhile to figure that out, very few have any interest
in talking about long term investing.

I sold around 12,500 in 2008, bought back in around 9,000 in 2009, and have sold and bought a number of times since then, mostly breakouts
that failed, so this run from 09 has been volatile and tough to just buy and hold.

This has been a secular bear for most of those 15, the bull market is very young, DOW 100k in 20 years.

Edited by CLK, 29 March 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#22 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

I think you have to give a pass to Techman. Of course he'll be wrong sometimes. The shorter timeframe one is trading, the greater chance one will be wrong. And the frequency of those wrong calls will rise. What I like about him is that he sticks his neck out there all the time with zero ambiguity. And backs it up with whatever evidence he has. Whould you prefer buy and hold perma bulls that are bullish all the time? What's the point of those folks even being here? Of course markets will eventually rise, if they are not rising allready, and they'll be right. But the perspective is idiotic. If that's their stance, why even be here? Go out there and play.

Edited by risk_management, 29 March 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#23 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I am sorry to be blunt, but why do people waste time acting as other poster's police?

I commend any one including Techman, who goes through the trouble to post his TA, and as merciless said, unlike Gene Unger, I can actually understand what he is trying to say. :D

As any novice trader knows no one can be right 100%, and no one has to be 100% right to make money in trading. Money management is IMO more important than number of trades.

Well said.

And, I couldn't agree with you more about money management. That's indeed THE most important thing.

Dave,
We ALL have our share of naysayers. I've always enjoyed reading your posts from the very beginning and I speak for many. We ALL have calls that are hit-and-miss. I have made a couple of attempts over the past two months to top-pick. Luckily my winning trade in Febraury was a whopper and the next couple of losers were very tight and very contained as this current put position will be if I'm wrong once again.
It's difficult not to be Bearish with this current administration in the drivers seat. Long term how can anyone NOT be bearish with all the inflationary money-printing going on. Still, where we're headed six months (or six years!) from now doesn't matter, it's out next trade that lies directly ahead.
Take care and Happy Easter...******* Bless!
KT

#24 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

I don't get it. We appreciate everybody's TA, right or wrong. We also agree that nobody is perfect, and can be wrong at times. Completely fine. But, what is with the deception of denying doing anything wrong? And what is with the abuse dished out when someone points it out? If I was wrong, I would take it like a man. It would give me inspiration to excel in the next round. I wouldn't call people names nor abuse whoever points the mistake. Either way, this is a forum made up of many people who read, and watch others' posts. There are multiple people saying the same thing. Why deny the obvious, and then abuse? <shrug>
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#25 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

I don't get it. We appreciate everybody's TA, right or wrong. We also agree that nobody is perfect, and can be wrong at times. Completely fine. But, what is with the deception of denying doing anything wrong? And what is with the abuse dished out when someone points it out?

If I was wrong, I would take it like a man. It would give me inspiration to excel in the next round. I wouldn't call people names nor abuse whoever points the mistake.

Either way, this is a forum made up of many people who read, and watch others' posts. There are multiple people saying the same thing. Why deny the obvious, and then abuse?

<shrug>

"multiple" people - Let's see... 1, fluid (aka Tor), 2, orange, and 3, you. All 3 of you and a couple of others all have had a "history" with me since the very beginning.

As far as abuse goes, sure. Why not? All 3 of you must've enjoyed being abused by me. That's why you keep coming back for more. I'm just happy to oblige.

And, since you don't get it, as expected. Let me re-post my reply again.

Deny being wrong???

My answer was specific to the incorrect and generalized remark by "fluid" quoted below. I've said it before that I've made many good calls as well as bad calls. When the new market data arrive, you follow your system and make adjustments. What's up with all this nonsense about "Deny being wrong"?

If you had any technical analysis to contribute, post it. Otherwise, don't bother me, and don't waste any more of my time.

You've been bearish at every single new high on the way up

Edited by TechMan, 29 March 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#26 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

why even be here?

Folks are here for two reasons. Vendors are here to sell services and most others for evening entertainment.

As for the vendors, the modus operandi has been the same for over a decade, i have followed TT. Make a few dramatic calls. Beat your chest when right and disappear when wrong. And then they always get hurt by folks on TT and leave the forum...lol. And they start their services in the background while being hurt and re-appear on TT and announce their paid services, either overtly or covertly. I have seen it all. Experts creating invitation-only blogs, secret mailing lists, a guy selling his super-duper money making system to pay for his alimony (GOOSE SYSTEM :lol: )

As for the rest of the crowd (with a few exceptions of course), it's about their dose of daily entertainment. To test my theory, post something on money management and you would be lucky to get even 100 hits. People bored with their day jobs don't like more of boredom like positions sizing, risk management et al...YAWN !. Post something like "THE TOP IS IN" or "CRASH AHEAD !" and you would get instantaneous 100000 hits on your post. It's the drama and excitement stupid !

And there is always a minuscule minority who is there to learn trading and share their trading skills. Less than 5%.

Edited by NAV, 29 March 2013 - 11:56 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#27 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

why even be here?

People bored with their day jobs don't like more of boredom like positions sizing, risk management et al...YAWN !.

Nav, do you discuss these anywhere else or is this the only place you hang out at?

#28 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

why even be here?

People bored with their day jobs don't like more of boredom like positions sizing, risk management et al...YAWN !.

Nav, do you discuss these anywhere else or is this the only place you hang out at?

risk_management,

Other than occasional visit to TT, i dont visit any other message board these days.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#29 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

why even be here?

Folks are here for two reasons. Vendors are here to sell services and most others for evening entertainment.

As for the vendors, the modus operandi has been the same for over a decade, i have followed TT. Make a few dramatic calls. Beat your chest when right and disappear when wrong. And then they always get hurt by folks on TT and leave the forum...lol. And they start their services in the background while being hurt and re-appear on TT and announce their paid services, either overtly or covertly. I have seen it all. Experts creating invitation-only blogs, secret mailing lists, a guy selling his super-duper money making system to pay for his alimony (GOOSE SYSTEM :lol: )

Read up on the techniques of fortune tellers - palm readers, tarot cards etc - and you will see the techniques are the same for the vendors.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16