What is Going To Happen in China?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Lots of bearishness on China. Many calling for a housing crash, yesterday single person households were banned from buying a 2nd residence in an attempt to cool things off. Here in the U.S., housing got killed but stocks turned up as a substitute speculative vehicle. FXI is wound up pretty tight here: [attachment=20567:fxi0331.png] Insurance companies in the U.S. are skying, but not so for the Chinese insurers: [attachment=20568:lfc0331.png] However, the local power utility has been skyrocketing as a safe haven: [attachment=20569:hnp.png]

#2 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

So the Chinese government is trying to apply the breaks. Interesting. And yet they are building buildings and cities no one needs. I keep hearing very confused and different messages coming out over there. They are awash in cash I guess. So are we, it's just cash we didn't earn it's all printed and borrowed. I hope all these policy wonks that are doing all the government spending and borrowing and printing all over the globe know what they are doing because it sounds like a recipe for failure long run.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~