• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Wow ! Im impresssed. FINALLY, someone out there other than little ol me, appreciates how badly the FED has been distorting markets.

I've written about it several times over the past (how many) years.

It's about time, somebody has some cahones and calls a spade a spade, instead of some sort of market fantasy and free lunch that everyone buying stocks, now thinks it is. (QE)

http://www.zerohedge...oking-inflation

The one premise I don't necessarily agree with is that its "stoking inflation."

Frankly every market on the planet is so freaking corrupt and there are so many unnature (anti-free market) "distortions", it's impossible to determine any sort of reference point to discern whether there is inflation or deflation.

How can anyone possibly assess risk about anything, current or future ? Its an impossibility. Frankly with the notional value of derivatives in the quadrillions, its laughable to even speculate in anything. At any second, every market on the planet could implode, collapse, freeze up, and be forever useless. Nobody will know when it will come, but to attempt to assess risks with the distortions embedded into every single market, mostly harmed and caused by the FED, since the dollar is the world's reserve currency, is an absolute impossibility.

Heck every indicator you now look at, could be viewed as a recession imminent, or a bull market and massive economic recovery. They're all warped ! They can be made to say whatever the observer of them wants to see.

All's I gotta say, is you better have zero debt, little in any bank, zero at any trading firm, and zero in pensions or 401k's. That's if you ever want to see any value from it again. (in full). I can't even imagine any currency to be in, because there isn't one that won't be affected by this. China is now in a full out currency war with Japan.

WWIII is a currency, derivative, and price distortion war, and there will be more destruction from this, than any physical war with real guns and ammo and bombs could ever cause.

If we come out the other side of this, not just having anything left but old fashion barter, it will be an absolute miracle !

(a sign of this and harbinger, is Bitcoin, which is absolutely going bonkers, and I wouldn't touch that with a 1000000 ft pole. It's mere existence and wild fluctuations are as good of an indicator as any, that rapidly fewer fewer everyday people trusts any fiat system at all right now.) <_<
OTIS.