Record cold... Sunpocalypse?

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#31 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Fifteen years of global cooling. Record Antarctic ice. At what point is the theory busted?

and it warmed 1000 years ago - they are finding buried forests - wonder if man did that one too.

http://www.nbcnews.c...tomb-4B11215106

#32 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Fifteen years of global cooling. Record Antarctic ice. At what point is the theory busted?

and it warmed 1000 years ago - they are finding buried forests - wonder if man did that one too.

http://www.nbcnews.c...tomb-4B11215106

I personally believe when we plow down past the buried forests, the depleted gas caverns, the bone-on-bone shale layers, through all the muck and toxic mire, past the clumps of decayed dinosaur toes, through all the striations of blazing fire and melted ice, past the apple seeds in the Garden of Eden, past the petrified plants we can't quite recognize and the bones of creatures we've never imagined, past the last signs of sticky crawling things that have crawled out of ancient oceans, when we get to the end of archeology and the beginning of Earth time we're going to find a dealership parking lot filled with Porsche 911s, and the climate-change deniers will rejoice in the verification of their claims we've been here before and everyone else (which is to say, EVERYONE else) will sink into the deep depression of knowing we are marching relentlessly back there again.

Have a good weekend. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#33 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

"I personally believe" So does Al. :lol: Facts be damned!

#34 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

"I personally believe"
So does Al.
:lol:

Facts be damned!

I probably should have said "I personally fantasize..." I know you'll say so does Al. It is beyond me why you guys are so fixated on Al. He's just a fat, happy son of the South who's cashed in his celebrity for big bucks just like every other enterprising capitalist.

And of course, when we get there those old Porsches will be proudly nestled snugly in their past 200-year band of history and world destruction those many many millennia ago and it will end up no fantasy. Probably have a mummified ape mashed in the passenger seat by an exploded antique airbag. ;) As for facts being damned, as they report so frequently report on Fox News if you can't prove this didn't happen then it did! :D

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#35 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

I don't get "Fox news," but it is typical to demonize a straw man when facts get in the way.

It is more difficult to demonize reality.
Posted Image

#36 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Popular Science shuts off comments, so take your climate denial somewhere else
"Comments can be bad for science. That’s why, here at PopularScience.com, we’re shutting them off.
A politically motivated, decades-long war on expertise has eroded the popular consensus on a wide variety of scientifically validated topics. Everything, from evolution to the origins of climate change, is mistakenly up for grabs again."

Galileo was also told to shut it up, now Popular Science tells it's readers the same.
Maybe they think the earth really is flat.

And, btw, since when is true science a popularity contest?

Sometimes facts can really mess up an agenda.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 September 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#37 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Oregon Park Hit With Record-Breaking Snowfall...

Earliest since 1986...

'Global warming' believers are feeling the heat...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 September 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#38 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Al Gore jumped up onto his Louis Vuitton soapbox after Katrina (Hurricane Katrina was only a strong Category 3 storm) and, just like the non-scientist propagandist Chicken Little that he is, declared that it will only get much worse from now on and all beach front property would soon be underwater.
Then he bought his beach front villa with proceeds from "AL" Jazeera oil.

Please ignore the fraud behind the curtain and check out reality:

Heading into October -- 2013 global hurricane activity remains historically low

• North Atlantic tropical cyclone ACE is -72% (below normal). 5th lowest since 1950.
• Northern Hemisphere ACE is -55% (below normal). Lowest since 1977.
• Global ACE is -47% (below normal). Lowest since 1977.

http://models.weathe...om/tropical.php
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 September 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#39 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Top MIT scientist: Newest UN climate report is ‘hilariously’ flawed
“I think that the latest IPCC report has truly sunk to level of hilarious incoherence,” MIT's Dr. Richard Lindzen said.
“Their excuse for the absence of warming over the past 17 years is that the heat is hiding in the deep ocean,” Lindzen added. “However, this is simply an admission that the models fail to simulate the exchanges of heat between the surface layers and the deeper oceans.”
“However, it is this heat transport that plays a major role in natural internal variability of climate, and the IPCC assertions that observed warming can be attributed to man depend crucially on their assertion that these models accurately simulate natural internal variability,” Lindzen continued.
“Thus, they now, somewhat obscurely, admit that their crucial assumption was totally unjustified.”

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 September 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#40 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Last year at this time, Tulsa saw it's earlist frost EVER recorded. (It was probably colder during past ice ages.) ;)
Then this past May we saw the latest frost EVER!

Global Warming predicted this record cold, including this Historic Blizzard!: LOL!

Historic blizzard kills tens of thousands of South Dakota cattle!
Posted Image

South Dakota Cattlemen's Association warned that the effects would be felt for years afterward. Not only were tens of thousands of calves killed, but so were thousands more cows that would have delivered calves next year.
And the stress of the storm will leave its mark on surviving herds, the South Dakota State University Agricultural Extension Service said, leaving the remaining cattle vulnerable to ruinous diseases with names like infectious bovine rhinotracheitis, bovine respiratory syncytial virus and bovine viral diarrhea virus.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 10 October 2013 - 09:30 AM.