Photo

SPX hits new high with NYSE a/d almost 2 to 1 negative.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Having pointed out the divergences, it is better to sell a pop out of this tight range. The divergences within the range resolved higher in the past with the prices, so the parabolic blow off can certainly persist longer than any short can last without the appropriate hedging. Even with the hedging a sharp 20-30 point upside blow off can take out all shorts before reversing sharply lower... So it is still better to wait for a pop out of this range to sell.

#32 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

Whether people realize this or not...

There is a PROCESS going on here.

It started Last Year with NEW HIGHS ON THE DJT and RUT

Then there was DJIA 14,000, then the DJIA HIGH.

Then we shifted to the SPX... we got over that high and then some.

Then we shifted to the BKX... we tested that high last week, and we're back to a new high today.

NEXT, is going to be 1410 on the XOI.

I'm sure the BurningMan has a big scoreboard on his WALL OF SHAME(LESS) down there at the F'eds...

They cross off one milestone after another...

Print Money til the cows come home and drink champagne on every milestone.

Live it up, drink it up as long as the party lasts...

There will be a bill at the end of the night.

And we are ALL GOING TO PAY.

:o

Why are we "ALL GOING TO PAY"? If the market is just now catching fire, why won't the deficit disappear with the prosperity created, and a surplus be reinstated? Else why is everyone going into the market, if there will be no prosperity?

"What everybody knows, is not worth knowing" is becoming "What everybody knows is correct"? :huh:

Confused.

Thanks,

Out

#33 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

whats coming will be shawk n awe........this once in a lifetime event will have no historical comparison......in fact few will make a dime as it will be much to frightening for anybody to handle........you can blame it all on the dows divisor.....which is now a multiplier...... ;)

how do you calculate it the dow divisor or the multiplier?

#34 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

and now the breadth is lagging....The cumulative A/D did not reach a new high since last Monday

Actually, it was last Wednesday, and through Monday, we are only 688 net advancing issues from these same highs.

New highs also peaked out on Wednesday as well and remains highly bullish overall on a cumulative basis.

Oh...and all of the MCO's remain textural constructive through Monday with no divergences at this time.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#35 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

Oh...and all of the MCO's remain textural constructive through Monday with no divergences at this time.

Fib

There are divergences. On the SPX MCO.. I posted that chart intraday in the beginning of this thread., it didn't change much since. And there are definitely divergences in breadth across the board.

We'll see what breadth looks like today. Today is Tuesday and its common market knowledge that stocks always go up on Tuesday and its the best day of the week. After all we've been up 17 Tuesdays in a row. So everyone on CNBC was buying stocks yesterday in anticipation.

Edited by ogm, 14 May 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#36 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

the wall of worry remains intact........watch the sky.....675 ono ;)

#37 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

There are divergences. On the SPX MCO.. I posted that chart intraday in the beginning of this thread., it didn't change much since. And there are definitely divergences in breadth across the board.

There has been "deceleration" of the trend, but nothing remotely divergent.

The last couple of days have only been a consolidation...you will see higher price highs this week.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#38 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

1666.66 is still possible on this run IMO.

#39 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

The cumulative reached a new high, but there is definitely a momentum loss here... Given the parabolic nature of the trend, I am being patient, BUT I WILL SHORT THIS MARKET... If you think this trend will continue higher like this, you are being emotional. :)

#40 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

BUT I WILL SHORT THIS MARKET... If you think this trend will continue higher like this, you are being emotional.

Not as emotional as you "SCREAMING" that you will short this market! :lol:

Just follow the trend...whichever or wherever it may lead...up or down, makes no difference.

Everything else, in essence, is just emotional trading in and of itself.

Fib