• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

For those of you who don't follow Dan, he is a pretty darn straight shooter.

This is one of his better interviews:
http://kingworldnews...ey_Markets.html

My post, which was well before I saw Dan's comments, can be found here:
What Ben has destroyed
http://www.traders-t...?...47164&st=10

Within Semi's "top is in" thread.

I suspect there are a whole hell of lot of people onto what Ben has done. I don't consider myself to be prescient in any way. I just listen and interpret people and situations extremely well. Perhaps it's a gift, or moreso a curse. It's exceedingly rare that I'm wrong on these types of observations. If anything, I'm quite early, but by the time others figure it out, often it's too late.

2 years after I quit a company, at least 100 people left, out of a fairly small company, and several since that time have contacted me and mentioned how I was right, and wondered how I saw what was coming, and what made me quit back then. When i told them, they said yeah, they had forgotten i had sent out specific emails about the situation. They ignored them, and admitted they wished they hadnt.

This has happened enough times over the years, that it's given me the confidence to listen even more.

The reason something like this can become a curse, is that you can get frustrated by others not seeing it, and wonder how something so obvious, is so overlooked by so many, and that many think everything is exactly the opposite of what you hear and interpret.

Good luck playing this market everyone. I'd be extremely careful about who you choose to follow, and how you make your decisions. My sense is a whole lot of folks are going to get trapped this time, and the downside of getting trapped will be far worse than they can ever imagine. If your money is in a bank, or a pension, or a 401, or anywhere that you can't control readily and quickly, it'd be my suggestion you attempt to do something about it soon, while you can. And you might want to have some portion of it in something other than a US dollar, or A US dollar denominated asset.
OTIS.